Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

United States

Just saw the FIFA World Rankings in today's theguardian, and the Evil Empire is ranked fifth, but they used to be fourth.

Fourth.

Wtf? So a team that lost at home to England's B team a year ago is now one of the World's greatest national sides? Either the Evil Empire have improved a hell of a lot in the past year or the FIFA rankings are laughably skewed in favour of the CONCACAF nations (Mexico are ranked fourth best in the world).

Would you care to run down the USA team that played in Chicago and tell me where they stand in relation to their first team or do you have no idea what you are talking about?

Would you care to run down the USA team that played in Chicago and tell me where they stand in relation to their first team or do you have no idea what you are talking about?

I put it to you that the Evil Empire does not have the World's fourth-best national team.

That's all.

Shit!

That was a bluff!

The side the Evil Empire put out that day, unlike England's, was a full strength team. Look at the number of caps the starting XI has...

Keller (91 caps); Dempsey (19); Cherundolo (33); Donovan (78); Gibbs (18); Ralston (32); Wolff (45); McBride (90); Vanney (36); Pope (78); Zavagnin (14).

Compare that to an England team who started with Zat Knight (2 caps), Kieran Richardson (4), Glen Johnson ( 5) and Andrew Johnson (2).

Of the 11 players who started for the Evil Empire in that match only Ralston, Vanney, Zavagnin haven't made it to the World Cup.

Less than a year ago, the Evil Empire played - at home - against what was effectively an England B side and lost.

Still think that the FIFA rankings are accurate?

Keller (91 caps); Dempsey (19); Cherundolo (33); Donovan (78); Gibbs (18); Ralston (32); Wolff (45); McBride (90); Vanney (36); Pope (78); Zavagnin (14).

Compare that to an England team who started with Zat Knight (2 caps), Kieran Richardson (4), Glen Johnson ( 5) and Andrew Johnson (2).

Of the 11 players who started for the Evil Empire in that match only Ralston, Vanney, Zavagnin haven't made it to the World Cup.

Less than a year ago, the Evil Empire played - at home - against what was effectively an England B side and lost.

Still think that the FIFA rankings are accurate?

Never said the rankings were accurate.

BTW great the players made the squad, still havent run down what their first choice team is for me. The USA team that day was not their first choice line up. Isn't today. Let me help you out.

Keller

Cherundolo, Onweyu, Gibbs, Lewis

Reyna, O'Brien, Donovan, Beasley

Mcbride Johnson

I make that 5 players out of their first choice who played.

Compared to the England team

1 David James; 2 Glen Johnson, 5 Wes Brown, 6 Sol Campbell (capt) (15 Zat Knight, 46), 3 Ashley Cole (16 Jermain Defoe, 63); 7 Jermaine Jenas, 4 Michael Carrick, 11 Joe Cole, 8 Kieran Richardson (14 Phil Neville, 59); 9 Alan Smith, 10 Andy Johnson (12 Luke Young, 76)

Subs not used: 13 Robert Green, 16 Jermain Defoe, 17 Peter Crouch, 22 Scott Carson

Thats 3 players who will start for England in the World Cup and 1(Campbell) who may depending on Erickson.

Seems a wash to me.

The side the Evil Empire put out that day, unlike England's, was a full strength team. Look at the number of caps the starting XI has...

One other thing, the USA has 2 sides. One that is mostly MLS players and one that is MLS and players who play in Europe.

You really cannot look at the caps as to the strength of the squad, especially when they would have been won against Panama et al.

Archived