Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

United States

So does your poor opinion of America strech as far as our shores and our participation in this 'War on Terror'?

It's a joyous occasion when a British soldier dies in Iraq as well.

I still support England at the World Cup, but I'd like to see the likes of David Beckham use their positions to make a moral stand against the dodgy shít that the UK gets involved with. Imagine if, after scoring the winning goal in the final, Mr Posh Spice took off his shirt to reveal a vest with "Send our troops home" across the front and " - in body bags" on the reverse. It would be a powerful gesture.

It's a joyous occasion when a British soldier dies in Iraq as well .

I still support England at the World Cup, but I'd like to see the likes of David Beckham use their positions to make a moral stand against the dodgy shít that the UK gets involved with. Imagine if, after scoring the winning goal in the final, Mr Posh Spice took off his shirt to reveal a vest with "Send our troops home" across the front and " - in body bags" on the reverse. It would be a powerful gesture.

If you actually bealive that then you should be shot yourself, in the knee cap. Prefferable by the mother of a lad you were so happy to see die.

It's a joyous occasion when a British soldier dies in Iraq as well.

I'm the exact opposite, i celebrate each Iraqi and Afgan soldier that gets killed and i wish i was in the forces to do it.

I'm not in the slightest bit disturbed when the papers release pictures of abuse at Guantanamo Bay and where ever, they are scum and deserve it.

Yes... Erm... Back to... the... erm... topic...

Right?

Yeah, trust the Swiss bloke to go all neutral!

I think that the Evil Empire has a chance of making it through their group. Italy failed to win at Hampden in qualifying so how good can they really be? The Czech Rep team ain't getting any younger and if they have to rely on Milan Baros to hit the back of the net they may struggle.

A lot of the Evil Empire's team also has experience of the Bundesliga. They might just surprise a few people.

Yeah, trust the Swiss bloke to go all neutral!

I think that the Evil Empire has a chance of making it through their group. Italy failed to win at Hampden in qualifying so how good can they really be? The Czech Rep team ain't getting any younger and if they have to rely on Milan Baros to hit the back of the net they may struggle.

A lot of the Evil Empire's team also has experience of the Bundesliga. They might just surprise a few people.

Yes but they did look good when they spanked Germany 4-1 in Germany recently. Excuse me if im wrong but I dont think Totti played at Hampden did he?

Where's Freddy Adu? Is he not progressing as well as he was expected to?

Adu is progressing ok. Unfortunately he doesnt really fit the system that DC United play. He has been stuck out on the wing recently. His best position is still in doubt, in time he will probably be a decent enough attacking midfielder or a Off Forward..

He will make the next World Cup squad for sure but maybe this was a bit too early for him. Having said that, England are taking Walcott so i think Arena could have found a place for him but not too sure who he would have replaced - Possible Ben Olsen (Ex Forest), though this comes back to not having a settled position yet.

I've just been there and they most certainly do know it is on. TV stations ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 are showing all 64 games live and they have a wonderful advert running at the minute with Bono narrating it.

The USA team, IMHO, are not as strong as 2002 and the group they are in will be difficult to get out of, but they are no mugs. I'd expect them to beat Ghana and possibly take a point off Italy, who were fankly poor against Scotland twice.

The MLS is expanding again next season, crowds are increasing season on season and the quality of play is higher than you'd expect. The game is ruined by playing in American Football stadiums; only Dallas, Columbus and LA Galaxy (who have Chivas as tennants) have football only stadiums.

Look out for forwards Eddie Johnson of the Kansas City Wizards and Brian Ching of Houston Dynamos.

I've just been there and they most certainly do know it is on. TV stations ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 are showing all 64 games live and they have a wonderful advert running at the minute with Bono narrating it.

The USA team, IMHO, are not as strong as 2002 and the group they are in will be difficult to get out of, but they are no mugs. I'd expect them to beat Ghana and possibly take a point off Italy, who were fankly poor against Scotland twice.

The MLS is expanding again next season, crowds are increasing season on season and the quality of play is higher than you'd expect. The game is ruined by playing in American Football stadiums; only Dallas, Columbus and LA Galaxy (who have Chivas as tennants) have football only stadiums.

Look out for forwards Eddie Johnson of the Kansas City Wizards and Brian Ching of Houston Dynamos.

Chicagos stadium opens in about 4 weeks. Looks pretty nice as well.

http://chicago.fire.mlsnet.com/MLS/chf/stadium/bridgeview/

There are 4 of those ESPN adverts with U2. All of them are good. They are running the adverts at all times as well and not just during the ESPN games.

Eddie Johnson is a very talented player but is very lazy. Brian Ching is crap. Opened the season well but he never does it consistently. Clint Dempsey of New England is a player to watch along with Onweyu of Standard Liege.

You are spot on with your comment about American Football stadiums. Certainly suck the life out of any crowd that they get - especially in Kansas. DC United fans are pretty good, despite being in a baseball stadium but they were the primary tenants until the Nationals came along.

Chicagos stadium opens in about 4 weeks. Looks pretty nice as well.

http://chicago.fire.mlsnet.com/MLS/chf/stadium/bridgeview/

:thumbup:

Look very much like the LA Galaxy stadium in Carson. So it just isn't the UK where there is identikit stadia.

There are 4 of those ESPN adverts with U2. All of them are good. They are running the adverts at all times as well and not just during the ESPN games.

They are absolute quality and it really sticks it to the Yanks who think a World Champion can only exist in NBA, MLB and NFL.

Eddie Johnson is a very talented player but is very lazy. Brian Ching is crap. Opened the season well but he never does it consistently. Clint Dempsey of New England is a player to watch along with Onweyu of Standard Liege.

I like Dempsey, Steve Nicol and Paul Mariner are doing well up in NE. Johnson will be a star he knows where the back of the net is and although Ching is a lumbering carthorse he has a knack of scoring as well.

Honestly suprised theres been no mention of Landon Donovan yet. Been of the boil recently admitidly but he once looked like the next best thing.

I was thinking more of people that you might not have heard of yet. Certainly Donovan, Beasley, Keller and McBride will be key players in June.

Donovan has a bit to prove to some people after the way he left Leverkusen.

:thumbup:

Look very much like the LA Galaxy stadium in Carson. So it just isn't the UK where there is identikit stadia.

They are absolute quality and it really sticks it to the Yanks who think a World Champion can only exist in NBA, MLB and NFL.

The ads can be viewed at http://soccernet.com/onegame/

The stadium in Columbus is a lot different than Carson, Frisco(Dallas) and Bridgeview(Chicago). Very spartan and basic but a great venue.

Honestly suprised theres been no mention of Landon Donovan yet. Been of the boil recently admitidly but he once looked like the next best thing.

I honestly don't rate Donovan, I think DeMarcus Beasley is a much better player. Actually he (LD) reminds of David Platt, always does it for his country.

I honestly don't rate Donovan, I think DeMarcus Beasley is a much better player. Actually he (LD) reminds of David Platt, always does it for his country.

Yeah but he has a silly name.

Just saw the FIFA World Rankings in today's theguardian, and the Evil Empire is ranked fifth, but they used to be fourth.

Fourth.

Wtf? So a team that lost at home to England's B team a year ago is now one of the World's greatest national sides? Either the Evil Empire have improved a hell of a lot in the past year or the FIFA rankings are laughably skewed in favour of the CONCACAF nations (Mexico are ranked fourth best in the world).

Just saw the FIFA World Rankings in today's theguardian, and the Evil Empire is ranked fifth, but they used to be fourth.

Fourth.

Wtf? So a team that lost at home to England's B team a year ago is now one of the World's greatest national sides? Either the Evil Empire have improved a hell of a lot in the past year or the FIFA rankings are laughably skewed in favour of the CONCACAF nations (Mexico are ranked fourth best in the world).

I think its based on the fact they play more competitive games than us each year, or somthing ridiculous like that.

I've heard fo Jason Donovan, he's also been of the boil recently and looke like the next best thing, are you sure you got the right Donovan!!! :D:P

I think its based on the fact they play more competitive games than us each year, or somthing ridiculous like that.

Exactly why it is. I think only your best 7 results count. The USA generally plays about 20 games a year. They dont lose too often either I think they last lost last Easter in the Azteca against Mexico

Archived