Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IDEA OR IKEA

Pele

My mate thinks Pele was not as good as people made out, he says loosly the following:-

He never played at the top level club wise.

He scored most his goals in Brazil or touring in Exhabition games.

Everyone remembers the nearly things - when he rounded the keeper and nearly scored, when he lobed the ball from the half way line but it went wide (Joey did that!).

Brazil were clearing dominating the world scene, which no team has really done since. Or in other words the gulf between the quality of world teams was so large that the scorelines and ultimately goals represented this. Bravil beat Czechs (not rep. - i think!) 8-0 in a game in 1968 - that score would not be repeated if they met now.

I tink hes mad - opinions?

My mate thinks Pele was not as good as people made out, he says loosly the following:-

He never played at the top level club wise.

He scored most his goals in Brazil or touring in Exhabition games.

Everyone remembers the nearly things - when he rounded the keeper and nearly scored, when he lobed the ball from the half way line but it went wide (Joey did that!).

Brazil were clearing dominating the world scene, which no team has really done since. Or in other words the gulf between the quality of world teams was so large that the scorelines and ultimately goals represented this. Bravil beat Czechs (not rep. - i think!) 8-0 in a game in 1968 - that score would not be repeated if they met now.

I tink hes mad - opinions?

I can see his point, but he is clearly wrong.

Pele was fortunate enough to play in Brazil teams that had many other quality players.

However it would have been fascinating to see how he'd have fared in European football.

I can understand why many may have rated Diego Maradona as a better player.

how am i supposed to know, i've hardly seem him play, just seen a few clips here and there.

i'll have to just take peoples word for it that he was something special. they can't all be wrong, can they?

Archived