Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

A Squad of 16 Experienced Players

It's got bugger all to do with our board, the Premier League has excluded all clubs not in the top flight (which is old news now), so stop trying to sensationalise and/or scaremonger.

It might be the case that the Premier League 'scuppered' our entry into their Reserve League, but Rob was apparently "not happy" with our Board/Tim Davies not investigating the setting up of either a Championship Reserve League or a Midlands League - he said at the FA meeting that he "thought there was merit and some mileage in looking at those possibilities - rather than the Club just setting up a 'few' friendlies" !!

Stop trying to defend our Board/Chief Exec for what is a b....y stupid decision - they just can't be bothered looking into the chance of us helping set up a '2nd tier' Reserve League !

It might be the case that the Premier League 'scuppered' our entry into their Reserve League, but Rob was apparently "not happy" with our Board/Tim Davies not investigating the setting up of either a Championship Reserve League or a Midlands League - he said at the FA meeting that he "thought there was merit and some mileage in looking at those possibilities - rather than the Club just setting up a 'few' friendlies" !!

Stop trying to defend our Board/Chief Exec for what is a b....y stupid decision - they just can't be bothered looking into the chance of us helping set up a '2nd tier' Reserve League !

Defending them? I'm not jumping to conclusions, if you must know. You're not in possession of the full facts, and neither am I. If you'd actually read anything I'd posted, in particular
It wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to go beyond friendlies to forming your own league, but perhaps other clubs aren't interested? Maybe the costs would escalate? Who knows?
then you would see that I am not in any way, shape, or form defending anyone.

G Douglas

G Henderson

D Kisnorbo

D McCarthy

D Stearman

D Gerrbrand

M Tiatto

M Hughes

M Williams

M Hammill

W Sylla

A Hume

A Fryatt

3 new signings McAuley, Riihilahti, Welsh

G Logan

D Sheehan

D Smedley

D Palmer

M Wesolowski

M Muggleton

W Porter

A O'Grady

A Chambers

A Graham

A Dodds

A Gradel

GONE

Maybury

De Vries

Johansson

Hammond

Thats my prediction but it could be tough turning down offers for Stearman or Kisnorbo if the bids get bigger.

G Douglas

G Henderson

D Kisnorbo

D McCarthy

D Stearman

D Gerrbrand

M Tiatto

M Hughes

M Williams

M Hammill

W Sylla

A Hume

A Fryatt

3 new signings McAuley, Riihilahti, Welsh

G Logan

D Sheehan

D Smedley

D Palmer

M Wesolowski

M Muggleton

W Porter

A O'Grady

A Chambers

A Graham

A Dodds

A Gradel

GONE

Maybury

De Vries

Johansson

Hammond

Thats my prediction but it could be tough turning down offers for Stearman or Kisnorbo if the bids get bigger.

Muggleton and Graham have already left the club if it's the pair from the academy you mean?

Defending them? I'm not jumping to conclusions, if you must know. You're not in possession of the full facts, and neither am I. If you'd actually read anything I'd posted, in particular then you would see that I am not in any way, shape, or form defending anyone.

Now I thought you might come back and say, "how do you know the Club haven't looked into the possibility (with other Clubs) of setting up a new '2nd Tier' Reserve League" - and the truth is, I don't; but, it seems that Rob was under that impression, when asked at the meeting at the weekend - and he should know. IF City have suggested it, but other Championship/Midland Clubs weren't interested - then Tim Davies or someone should day so - rather than all us thinking it is simply our Club not keen on the idea, or simply WANTING TO SAVE MONEY by only setting up a few friendlies for the Reserves each season !

Now I thought you might come back and say, "how do you know the Club haven't looked into the possibility (with other Clubs) of setting up a new '2nd Tier' Reserve League" - and the truth is, I don't; but, it seems that Rob was under that impression, when asked at the meeting at the weekend - and he should know. IF City have suggested it, but other Championship/Midland Clubs weren't interested - then Tim Davies or someone should day so - rather than all us thinking it is simply our Club not keen on the idea, or simply WANTING TO SAVE MONEY by only setting up a few friendlies for the Reserves each season !
How do you know "Rob was under the impression"? You weren't there. That's your mates opinion. SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT.

And if you've pre-empted my response, who the fork do you construe my comments as supporting the board? I'm doing the classic fence-sitting!

How do you know "Rob was under the impression"? You weren't there. That's your mates opinion. SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT.

And if you've pre-empted my response, who the fork do you construe my comments as supporting the board? I'm doing the classic fence-sitting!

You're right of course - I don't KNOW anything, I AM relying on someone else's opinion and I'M NOT SHOUTING - just trying to make a point re the Reserves League !

NB Your description of yourself as, "a sarky cow" - how accurate is that ?!

You're right of course - I don't KNOW anything, I AM relying on someone else's opinion and I'M NOT SHOUTING - just trying to make a point re the Reserves League !

NB Your description of yourself as, "a sarky cow" - how accurate is that ?!

Tsk, no need to get shirty. If you can't come back with a reasoned response, don't bother.

Tsk, no need to get shirty. If you can't come back with a reasoned response, don't bother.

So my "reasoned response" is - what IS YOUR opinion about the Club not having a Reserves team, or stating that they are working towards helping set up a League ?

So my "reasoned response" is - what IS YOUR opinion about the Club not having a Reserves team, or stating that they are working towards helping set up a League ?
As stated earlier, it shoudn't be beyond their capabilities to organise something, however seeing as they can't organise a piss up in a brewery I won't be surprised if nothing happens.

I personally think the PL are bang out of order in doing this, and something doesn't seem right. It looks to me like a cartel with the big boys, after all if you're a young talented player with limited first team chances, which is the more exciting proposition? Youth team football or reserve team football against mainly younger players with the off chance of coming up against or playing with a few internationals returning to full fitness? I know where I'd be signing.

Archived