Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Sunday league

So what did your side do?

We drew 3-3 against Birstall. we were 2-1 down at 1/2 time but after I switched from center back to left back and set up two goal we went 3-2 up, but our keeper was caught of his line and the undeservable equalised.

I will put up my Melton Times report in a bit.

I have to cheer on Birstall.

35940[/snapback]

Why?

Anyway here's my match report for the Melton Times:

Foxes make it 7 league games unbeaten with a frustrating draw

Leicestershire league

Melton Foxes u16 vs. Birstall u16

After a heavy defeat against Local rivals Asfordby Amateurs in the cup, Foxes were hoping to get back on track with a Win against Mid table Birstall. Foxes took an early lead when Dack latched onto Lapworth’s superb ball and calmly slotted home to give the home side the advantage.

But sloppy defending saw Birstall take the lead when they netted twice before half time.

With Crump going off injured at the break, manager Randall tinkered with the side and it seemed to have paid off when Wallis netted the equaliser with a superbly hit shot from the right. The Home side wasted no time and took the lead for the second time in the game when a bulldozing run from Keightley set Dack up for an easy 3rd goal and his second on the day. Foxes looked to have won the game but the Birstall no 11 chipped a ball over Woods to make it all square. In the dying moments Foxes could of stole all points when Dack was denied his hatrick when he headed Keightley superb cross onto the bar.

Melton Foxes:

N. Wood, R. Orme, C. Glancy, M. Keightley, B. Crump, P. Edwards, B. Lapworth, A. Mellors, S. Wallis, J. Pollard, S. Dack, T. Bird, A. Humphries

I also played on Saturday in the church league division 1 and we lost 4-2, I scored on the stroke of half time to make it 1-1 with a lovely turn and shot from ten yards but then I was substituted :o :?:

We quickly went 4-1 down until an Albanian debutant named Arzend pulled one back. We had a booking and a sending off, our left mid assaulted the referee, who was having a nightmare. When confronted with his decision to bring me off the manager replied 'I wanted to give somebody else a chance'.......WHAT ABOUT ME I REPLIED, by this i mean in the 20 odd appearances I've made I've finished 3 of them...and that's because we've had no other subs!

P.S Tomassi loves molehills lol

I have to cheer on Birstall.

35940[/snapback]

Why?

35948[/snapback]

I've spent most of my life in Birstall. Which is a frightening thought really!

Sigh, playing when still drunk takes its toll...

#### awful defending and goalkeeping lost us the match today! Grrr!

Tomassi was unlucky not to bag one and went on a few Trev style runs bundling people out of the way :P

He was disappointed when me and Cat Burger said he was not allowed to take a mole hill home too, poor Tom!

A nice solid debut from the Cat Buggerer! :D Starting the game next week I hope!

Sigh, playing when still drunk takes its toll...

#### awful defending and goalkeeping lost us the match today! Grrr!

Tomassi was unlucky not to bag one and went on a few Trev style runs bundling people out of the way :P

He was disappointed when me and Cat Burger said he was not allowed to take a mole hill home too, poor Tom!

A nice solid debut from the Cat Buggerer! :D Starting the game next week I hope!

36020[/snapback]

yes i remember that run in the first half ran 50 yards with the ball to win a corner after taking out that kid :P

the story of the molehill is..

i was turning the car around and Cobbo/Cat_Burger were ready to get in..

..i saw what i thought was a piece of kit next to them and said sumit like ''eh lads u forgetting something??''

Cobbo - ''Tom its a focking molehill!!!''

moral of this story is ur eyesight may not be what u think it is :P:unsure:

Archived