Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Whole Ground Singing ?

If you lot remember the post the other day about trying to get the whole ground singing yeh ?

Well why dont we ask leicester city to print off are version of when ya smiling and put it in the seats of the walkers so when people go to sit down they pick up the paper and have a look at it and when the music comes on they try and sing to it ? :D

If you lot remember the post the other day about trying to get the whole ground singing yeh ?

Well why dont we ask leicester city to print off are version of when ya smiling and put it in the seats of the walkers so when people go to sit down they pick up the paper and have a look at it and when the music comes on they try and sing to it ? :D

These pieces of paper would just be used as paper aeroplanes. Just like the last leaflets.

It wouldhave been great if we hadn't of got relegated when the stadium was built and therefore had some television based scoreboards.

The words of the song could have gone on their during the game, when the crowd started singing.

It wouldhave been great if we hadn't of got relegated when the stadium was built and therefore had some television based scoreboards.

The words of the song could have gone on their during the game, when the crowd started singing.

Yeh good idea but i dont think leicester would do that you no :angry: we got loads of room in the stadium to but two screens up

Yeh good idea but i dont think leicester would do that you no :angry: we got loads of room in the stadium to but two screens up

There was a plan to do it when the stadium was being built, but due to our relegation we could not afford the screens. :(

There was a plan to do it when the stadium was being built, but due to our relegation we could not afford the screens. :(

Oh I wanted screens it would look kool :D

Move the kop man to the bmi and move bmi to the kop ive allways said it more atmosphere even if you got to put a couple rows of coppers between us to do it ??

Any one else think the same

I don't visit Filbert Way very often these days, but my impression from listening to "When You're Smiling..." being sung at away matches is that there is no way it will ever seriously catch on as an anthem the whole crowd can adopt.

Songs like You'll Never Walk Alone, I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles, Delilah etc are far slower-paced and are easier to sing - WYS includes lines that just don't work when sung by loads of people - they are tongue-twisters and are invariably sung too quickly.

Unfortunately, the more famous songs I mentioned above are steeped in terrace history going back decades and were essentially born on the terraces, and sung by what I'll generalise as being the working classes. Those days have gone now although the songs survive. Modern day stadia and the new breed of football crowds aren't condusive to generating these songs anymore, although the certain clubs have tried to manufacture them using the Amarillo/Hi Ho Silver Lining/Pigbag formula - with varying degree of naffness.

Sorry to p*ss on the singers' parade, but I think "Come On Leicester" is about as good as it'll get for now.

I stand to be corrected, though! :)

But back in the days of Filbert Street we NEVER had the entire ground singing, except for special occasions like trophy celebrations or when we were relegated.

Most of the singing, even then, was from the Kop!

Can't see anything happening to change that now. Like it or not, too many FOXES are passive muppets who only leave their seats for a pie... :(

But back in the days of Filbert Street we NEVER had the entire ground singing, except for special occasions like trophy celebrations or when we were relegated.

Most of the singing, even then, was from the Kop!

Can't see anything happening to change that now. Like it or not, too many FOXES are passive muppets who only leave their seats for a pie... :(

I love my club i go every week and go most away games :D I allways sing i try to get people around me to sing but the look round and stear at you as if you've just killed some one whats happenin at one time leicester fans were the LOUDEST in the country, BRING BACK THE OLD DAYS :cry:

I love my club i go every week and go most away games :D I allways sing i try to get people around me to sing but the look round and stear at you as if you've just killed some one whats happenin at one time leicester fans were the LOUDEST in the country, BRING BACK THE OLD DAYS :cry:

Correction - the fans in the Kop at Filbert Street were the loudest in the country.

The fans in the North and East Stands though treated the stadium like a library, and still do to this day.

The current Kop suffers badly because the old singers have to mix with the mob from the upper tier, who were also not noted for their passion towards the side.

It's a shame we couldn't have made that end a designated singing area from the start, so that the upper tier mob could have gone to the East or North Stands.

I used to sit with my Dad in Block G of the old Main Stand at Filbo, roughly level with the edge of the area at the Kop End. There used to be loads of singing there - mainly from the back of the stand on that wing end.

Granted, when we were getting 8K crowds under Pleat, the atmospsphere wasn't there so much, except for the "Pleat Out" chants.

Thats probably something to do with you sitting in the family stand. If you want to sing either move to L1 or for the occasional song go to the kop.

I used to sit with my Dad in Block G of the old Main Stand at Filbo, roughly level with the edge of the area at the Kop End. There used to be loads of singing there - mainly from the back of the stand on that wing end.

Granted, when we were getting 8K crowds under Pleat, the atmospsphere wasn't there so much, except for the "Pleat Out" chants.

But it got a lot better when Brian Little took over. in both the stand and the terrace in front of it!

I can remember some real good moshes in there.. :cool::cool:

I remember one game in 90-91 (Blackburn?) when three fellas sitting in front of us in G, who'd been slagging DP off all of the first half, got up, ran down the gangway, hopped over the wall into the terrace, made their way onto the pitch and vented their spleens there and then at DP on the pitch! There were loads of "vocal" types in that general area (seats and terrace) that kept the noise levels up.

There were also loads of old blokes who smoked pipes - the reason why I love pipe smoke to this day!

I remember one game in 90-91 (Blackburn?) when three fellas sitting in front of us in G, who'd been slagging DP off all of the first half, got up, ran down the gangway, hopped over the wall into the terrace, made their way onto the pitch and vented their spleens there and then at DP on the pitch! There were loads of "vocal" types in that general area (seats and terrace) that kept the noise levels up.

Indeed - I may have been one of them!

I remember that day well - the Kop, which had previously been solidly pro-Pleat (to its shame), completely turned. Many of them climbed the fences to vent their anger at him and the board were forced to acknowledge his time was up.

The action fans took that day played an important part in keeping us up that season.

Shame we don't always realise what power we have!

Archived