Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scarby

Students

What sort of events occur(ed) at your union?

What goes down well?

What would you like to see more of?

What do you want to see from the entertainments committee (your ideas)?

Is anyone on here part of their respective universities entertainments committee?

Thanks

Tom

So no events happen?

why dont you go?

Only asking cos at the moment ive been made acting vice chairman of Hull University Scarborough Campus's entertainments committee and i wanna get more events down and get people interested.

Anymore feedback would be great

I don't go because no one really bothers with it. I don't know what events happen because I simply don't take any interest as per reason stated.

40164[/snapback]

Shame really you should get involved more! make something of your time at uni!!!!

Thats what im doing!

It's because you don't live in halls Mark ;)

People in halls love their unions ;)

The Manc union was decent, cheap drinks etc.. Only really had special events arounf freshers week though, silly special guests such as Timmy Mallet...

The cheap alcohol is what people want though ;)

And what percentage of people living in halls have you spoken too? ;)

Unions are for the best. :D

40170[/snapback]

That's impossible to say, silly. ;)

The common view shared by alot of student is that the DMU union is crap. So there. ;)

At my uni(i'm in Australia) we have a bit of good stuff, besides cheap drinks, food, books etc. Once a year we have a day where they get lots of bands to come, they play all day, and everyone gets drunk, its great. Every couple of weeks they have pretty big dance parties as well they get about a thousand people to those. That's about it really.

Don't listen to Scowy, the reason he thinks its shite its cus he never goes!!

Funnily enough.. i once looked at Hull University as a possible place to study.. but foolishly stayed in Leicester!

I've been to various Unions such as Nottingham, Leicester, DMU, Loughborough etc and what i'll say is u gotta keep the people interested..

Maybe u could do a street Questionnaire around Hull Uni, ask them stuff like what music they like most, what drinks they like most (the u can charge cheaper for the drinks they like and more expensive for the ones they dont!) etc

But what made me laugh and enjoy myself was when i went to Nottingham Uni they had games like when people had to drink 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes and the person who did would win £1,000!!!

I wish i went to uni grrr

I went to University in Manchester, and the Union was of one if the main ports of call on a night out.

Wednesday night was Revival and Friday night was Double Vision!

Wednesday was top, loads of girls, cheap drinks and music from the 70's and 80's!

Friday night was the weekend wrecker! I used to feel rough all weekend after a night at Double Vision! £1 in and 50p a vodka, £1 a double, lol - great stuff!

I really miss the uni days, the life was so simple and great fun! Thosse were for the good old days for sure!

Wish I could go back 4 years and start all over....

sure only 4years Shum? only kidding!

Looking forward to Uni, except will miss the lovely Miss Jonesy Rules loads!

and the footy, espically if end up going Hull or Essex

40241[/snapback]

Yes only 4 years you cheeky git! I'm only 24 (Just!)

a lot of veiws arenthat DMU is Site, in gen' so i've heard!

Scarb'Fox - what course u doing at Hull Uni?

40226[/snapback]

Mate im doing a degree in Marine Biology at the scarborough campus, Hull Uni.

Hull Uni ( i believe)

all to do teaching

If you applied to do the QTS teaching course at Hull you might be in Scarborough!

Have a look into it!

Its not a bad course ive some mates on it.

If it is on your list and you need help deciding i will sell it to you :thumbup:

A lot of people of said about drinks offers, the big chap in charge is looking in to making connections with the bars in town but its hard.

Plus the SU bar is nothing to do with the entertainments committee and so cant put drinks offers on just like that.

Archived