Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jack_LCFC

Paddy M -overrated

Everyone seems to love McCarthy, but I don't even think he's worth a first team place anymore because:

He's not physically strong enough

Not dominant in the air

Too slow

He was battered off the ball with a shoulder barge in the first half by the Burnley striker.

We're still rubbish on set pieces and maybe a airially dominant centre back (e.g McAuly) would be better

Does anyone else agree?

He certainly fancies himself...

I like him, but he is often all over his attacker which could lead to stupid free-kicks. I also think we need at least one tall centre back, Kisnorbo and paddy mac are both relatively small.

I think he would object to us calling him "somewhat lacking in the height department" (and he is certainly taller than his bf... ehm Kisnorbo) :P

He could certainly be stronger, but (I agree with cmonLeicester) - he generally "makes up for" his lack of physical presence by pushing and shoving abundantly, clawing the opposition and shouting really loud whenever the opportunity arises. (Come to think of it, I play that way myself :ph34r: - but then I am not a professional footballer and don't get paid for playing... maybe I should be! )

I once asked him about his being all over a defender and his comment was "that's the way to do it" (or something along those lines). So he is actually aiming to do that, it's not just happening "by mistake"/in the heat of the moment.

Archived