Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Attacking Football...

Just watch the video then make your point.

Sadly I'm not the club's video analyst so won't have access to the full unedited version.

But you choose to ignore the bigger picture.

The manager had the courage to make the changes we asked of him, including the omission of several of the so-called "chosen ones". The revised side gave us a brand of attacking, passing football we haven't seen at the Way in many months, and the end result was that we scored three goals in a home league game for the first time in over a year.

ALL the players, Johansson included, deserve credit for that.

I suggest that this nit-picking has more to do with your personal agenda than any objective evaluation of his performance.

Sadly I'm not the club's video analyst so won't have access to the full unedited version.

But you choose to ignore the bigger picture.

The manager had the courage to make the changes we asked of him, including the omission of several of the so-called "chosen ones". The revised side gave us a brand of attacking, passing football we haven't seen at the Way in many months, and the end result was that we scored three goals in a home league game for the first time in over a year.

ALL the players, Johansson included, deserve credit for that.

I suggest that this nit-picking has more to do with your personal agenda than any objective evaluation of his performance.

It has nothing to do with a personal agenda at all. It is no secret I'd like to see Sheehan in the team the same as I wanted Porter in the team but my concern over Johnansson's distribution goes back to his first weeks at the club.

As a defender I have few important complaints about him but when he has the ball he tends to waste it.

However, don't ever believe I would criticise a player unfairly just to achieve an end because I wouldn't.

You show me Nils passing the ball accurately throughout a game and I'll be glad to praise him, as I have done on occasions.

My faith in the younger players certainly doesn't stretch to ousting senior players out of spite or misrepresentation.

I NEVER wish a bad game on a City player and if Nils sorts his passing out I'll be delighted for him, and it won't be a bad thing for the team either.

As for Kelly's "courage" in making changes I think more like a combination of common sense and survival instinct led him to a rethink but, whatever, there was no question that the whole balance of the team was infinitely better.

We created more proper chances in the first 15 minutes than we did in the two previous matches put together and the support was much closer and more immediate. Generally too, we tried to continue going forward after we took the lead and that was heartening.

I hope every bit of Kelly's future fine tuning enhances what we saw yesterday and will be particularly interested to see if he has the conviction to take the same positive approach for away matches.

To Leesoh I say Leicester City played two wingers including a creative passer and did anyone run through the gaps in their defence. Did they hell. Given any sort of luck we'd have won by six.
Grow up Chandler.

A better team would have exploited our defence and midfield, don't let a better display fool you.

By the way Gainsborough beat Hinckley yesterday. :thumbup:

Grow up Chandler.

A better team would have exploited our defence and midfield, don't let a better display fool you.

By the way Gainsborough beat Hinckley yesterday. :thumbup:

What Gainsborough beating Hinckley has to do with anything I don't know.

What this bloke Chandler has to do with anything I don't know.

I don't think a "better display" fools me for a moment. But I do know we can only beat the opposition in front of us and your prophecy of what would have happened in different circumstances is no more relevent or convincing than your usual dour tactical input that fovever seems to favour caution over adventure.

My smile lasts five minutes, and it was as broad as yours. But when the five minutes are over the work starts on improving - on cutting out the errors which might just have turned a potential 6-goal win into a 2-2 draw when Ipswich deserved sod all..

Of all the views and comments that appear on this forum, this one has to take the biscuit.

Do you really sit there at Thracian Towers working on the improvements to be made after you've smiled for 5 minutes?

Will Rob Kelly be popping round for your input? Will Nils be ringing you for your video analysis? Can you pass on my regards to them please, they don't seem to be calling me at the minute?

What Gainsborough beating Hinckley has to do with anything I don't know.

What this bloke Chandler has to do with anything I don't know.

I don't think a "better display" fools me for a moment. But I do know we can only beat the opposition in front of us and your prophecy of what would have happened in different circumstances is no more relevent or convincing than your usual dour tactical input that fovever seems to favour caution over adventure.

You still don't get it, do you.

Of all the views and comments that appear on this forum, this one has to take the biscuit.

Do you really sit there at Thracian Towers working on the improvements to be made after you've smiled for 5 minutes?

Will Rob Kelly be popping round for your input? Will Nils be ringing you for your video analysis? Can you pass on my regards to them please, they don't seem to be calling me at the minute?

Well, whatever he does I hope he doesn't revert back a team overloaded with defenders that gave our opponents a two match start and precious little chance of ever scoring the goals we'd have needed to stay in this division. At least we've got some points and goals now.

I rarely understand you at all. Nor would I particularly want to where football's concerned.

Thrach

Whilst you undoubtedly have the greater experience in number of years under your belt watching football and you've been to three matches with Davieg, I have met Leesoh and Mr Leesoh on many occasions around this fair isle.

If you do not wish to understand her where football is concerned then you are missing out. This is indeed your loss sir.

Archived