Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Attacking Football...

The huge majority of Foxestalk fans wanted exactly what happened today - a greater emphasis on attack, a policy of trying to win the game rather than avoiding losing it.

To Leesoh I say Leicester City played two wingers including a creative passer and did anyone run through the gaps in their defence?. Did they hell. Given any sort of luck we'd have won by six.

And now what will Kelly be telling his p[layers Monday morning.

Well done, lads, perfect, we've cracked it now and we're on the way up.

You are bloody well joking.

We've taken one tiny step and now is the time to keep building our team and our club still further.

What I want Kelly to say:

"Well done lads. You've done the first vital thing in football you've won a football match, you've scored some goals, you've given hope back to the fans and you've restored some pride in yourselves and your club."

Congratulations. And if you think you've cracked it, you're into work Monday morning for the truth.

"First of all I'm going to show you a video of the match. and the first thing I'm going to ask is why, when you've totally dominated 85 minutes of the play and we've conceded a goal you suddenly retreat like the tide and invite Ipswich to pul;l a goal back. Don't ever, ever do that to me again.

"And why did that pull back goal come. I'll show you the video. It came because Nils failed in the only job he has once he's gained possssion of the ball. HE gave it away. What's worse he gave it away for nothing.

"In fact I'm going to show the video through from one end to the other to show how often Nils gave the ball away to the opposition. Because it was f....g embarrassing.

"Are you there, Nils. Yes. Well the lucky thing for you is we won 3-1 and you made your contribution defensively. And because I like wins I'm going to be nice. I'm going to keep you in the team. But on one condition. I don't care whether you pass the ball five yards or forty yards but if you don't give the ball to a blue shirt far more often than today then I'm going to drop you.

"And to help you I'm going to focus the video analysis on Levi Porter. Why? Because almost every time he got the ball he controlled it quickly and fed someone from his own side whether it be by a five yard pass or a 15 yard pass or a corner. That is what I want.

"The only thing that matters in football is having the ball and I'm bugggered if I'll put up with anyone giving it away for nothing.

Why? Because I'm not interested in being two thirds of the way up[ the table and if that satisfies you then you might as well sod off now. I'm interested in top six and if you want to come on the trip then the first step is to stop giving the f.....g ball away for nothing.

See you Monday.

Jesus Christ! :nono:

I feel sorry for someone that rushes home after a game to write something like this. I'm off to the off-licence, ordering a curry and plan on having a tip top POSITIVE night with mates. Thracian, just this once, allow yourself some time off and crack a smile...you're allowed you know! :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ! :nono:

I feel sorry for someone that rushes home after a game to write something like this. I'm off to the off-licence, ordering a curry and plan on having a tip top POSITIVE night with mates. Thracian, just this once, allow yourself some time off and crack a smile...you're allowed you know! :rolleyes:

My smile lasts five minutes, and it was as broad as yours. But when the five minutes are over the work starts on improving - on cutting out the errors which might just have turned a potential 6-goal win into a 2-2 draw when Ipswich deserved sod all..

Fair points... shouldn’t have allowed that Ipswich goal to slip through but it was a mistake that really shouldn’t have wound up costing us so dear, to put it simply a big improvement on what we’ve seen in the past (largely as a result of playing a proper sodding 4-4-2 formation with wingers!) but there is much more to do and Coventry will be a tough test for us.

Slag him off all you want but deep down in Thracian's rants, he does have a point.

To be honest, when I finally woke up at 2:30 p.m. local time and checked the score of the game, I was so shocked to see three goals that the next thing I did was go onto FoxesTalk to see if he posted something about Rob Kelly finally using attacking players on the wings! :ph34r:

Slag him off all you want but deep down in Thracian's rants, he does have a point.

He does make sense, but could he at least wait until the day after everybody has finished celebrating and being happy about a rare city performance with 3 goals before he brings everybody back to Earth

"And why did that equaliser come. I'll show you the video. It came because Nils failed in the only job he has once he's gained possssion of the ball. HE gave it away. What's worse he gave it away for nothing.

Err...what equaliser?

Did you go to the game? :rolleyes:

why did he disallow Matty Fryatt's goal???????????????

I posted this exact question on a different thread where the linesman were being slagged off, but I didn't get an answer myself.. If anybody knows then please share :)

He does make sense, but could he at least wait until the day after everybody has finished celebrating and being happy about a rare city performance with 3 goals before he brings everybody back to Earth

I'm over the f....n moon in case anyone has any doubts and the aberration with the "equaliser" instead of the pull back goal was simply down to two pints of Baabar in celebration and, believe me you know about that after a pint at the start.

PS: I want to watch every game with DavieG cos he's great company, and City always win - 4-2, 5-0 and 3-1 so far!!!!!!

I think it's a little harsh to scapegoat Johansson.

OK so he gave away possession in the the build-up to the Ipswich goal, but ultimately the chance was presented to them by a shocking clearance from Hughes.

But if Fryatt had taken the chances that came his way (apart from the scandalously disallowed goal), we'd have settled the game long before then anyway.

We were a lot more positive, and showed a lot more commitment and creativity. I asked Kelly to ring the changes and he responded. It makes such a difference having a balanced, and therefore more confident, team.

Let's hope we can continue with this form, and line-up, for the next few games!

I think it's a little harsh to scapegoat Johansson.

OK so he gave away possession in the the build-up to the Ipswich goal, but ultimately the chance was presented to them by a shocking clearance from Hughes.

But if Fryatt had taken the chances that came his way (apart from the scandalously disallowed goal), we'd have settled the game long before then anyway.

We were a lot more positive, and showed a lot more commitment and creativity. I asked Kelly to ring the changes and he responded. It makes such a difference having a balanced, and therefore more confident, team.

Let's hope we can continue with this form, and line-up, for the next few games!

I'm scapegoating no-one, we won and that dilutes a lot of sins.

If the goal were Nils only mistake it would still be unnecessary but it wasn't and Kelly should play the video of that game to the defender and then instruct him to stop playing hopeful flighted balls to no-one in particular and instead to play 10-15 yards passes to a blue shirt. You can make excuses for him but I won't.

I have seen plenty of sub-standard performances by players in blue shirts this season.

However I don't consider that Johansson's yesterday to be one of them.

Could your negative views be ever so slightly influenced by the fact he isn't Alan Sheehan?

I'm over the f....n moon in case anyone has any doubts and the aberration with the "equaliser" instead of the pull back goal was simply down to two pints of Baabar in celebration and, believe me you know about that after a pint at the start.

PS: I want to watch every game with DavieG cos he's great company, and City always win - 4-2, 5-0 and 3-1 so far!!!!!!

When was the last time we won 5-0?

Fryatts goal couldn't have been disallowed for ofsdie, they had a man on the post and im sure the ball came back across the goal.

When was the last time we won 5-0?

Fryatts goal couldn't have been disallowed for ofsdie, they had a man on the post and im sure the ball came back across the goal.

Hinckley.

Nice of Thracian to include that game...when HE wants too. I think I read someone used the Hinckley game as an example to prove Thracian wrong (Not sure what it was all about) and i'm sure Thracian totally ignored the the point and replied with something like it was a friendly.

Its not really the best point made by me tbh because I havn't got a clue what the discussion was about now lol

Well that just shows how important that Hinckley game was it was 3 Saturdays back and i can't remember it, and i have a good memory of Leicester games.

Thracian will only reply to what HE wants to, Like you rightly said Matt.

I have seen plenty of sub-standard performances by players in blue shirts this season.

However I don't consider that Johansson's yesterday to be one of them.

Could your negative views be ever so slightly influenced by the fact he isn't Alan Sheehan?

Just watch the video then make your point.

Hinckley.

Nice of Thracian to include that game...when HE wants too. I think I read someone used the Hinckley game as an example to prove Thracian wrong (Not sure what it was all about) and i'm sure Thracian totally ignored the the point and replied with something like it was a friendly.

Its not really the best point made by me tbh because I havn't got a clue what the discussion was about now lol

What happened was that Thracian bigged up the players against Hinckley and contrasted their performances with the ones against Sociedad the previous evening. Someone else who also went to both games then responded by among other things, highlighting the gulf in quality between La Liga and Conference North, so the conclusions were not really valid.

However it should be noted that both Josh Low and Levi Porter did well against Ipswich...

Archived