Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Momo Sylla

I just cannot see where he'll fit in - or even have any more chance to.

Sylla had 25 games last season and failed to shine at all.

Now, he's got Low ahead of him and probably Gradel too. Porter can also play right side.

RK already has selection headaches without inventing some more.

RK spent a small part of pre-season encouraging Sylla to fight for his place and force his way back in, then he praised him for actually doing so :S Looks as though it came to nothing, not that I'm complaining mind

Hopefully rotting in the reserves.

I bet he isn't even on the bench for the reserves. He's probably as low as he could be in terms of being in line for a starting place. Would make more sense for him to leave and free up some wage potential for us :whistle:

RK spent a small part of pre-season encouraging Sylla to fight for his place and force his way back in, then he praised him for actually doing so :S Looks as though it came to nothing, not that I'm complaining mind

I don't know if Kelly was sincere, there are aspects to his management which mildly concern me, but I think Sylla's been overtaken by events.

Low and Porter have grasped their chances, Gradel keeps scoring, and, on reflection it's a pity Sylla didn't give everything he had in the 25 chances he had last season.

There are many players would give a lot for 25 chances. Dodds, for instance, hasn't had one yet despite plundering loads of goals and Gradel might say the same though he has only recently emerged really.

I don't know if Kelly was sincere, there are aspects to his management which mildly concern me, but I think Sylla's been overtaken by events.

Low and Porter have grasped their chances, Gradel keeps scoring, and, on reflection it's a pity Sylla didn't give everything he had in the 25 chances he had last season.

There are many players would give a lot for 25 chances. Dodds, for instance, hasn't had one yet despite plundering loads of goals and Gradel might say the same though he has only recently emerged really.

What aspects are these then, please explain :)

Many people would give a lot for 25 chances, and at a team like ours as well, cos we're not exactly a small club.. Many of the lads at the academy would give a lot for just 4 or 5 chances in the first team, or even lads that have been on trial at the academy before but told that they weren't wanted but would be monitored. Guess you don't know what you have until you lose it, as Sylla must be finding out atm

I'm concerned about some of RK's statements backfiring on him - like every shirt is up for grabs when clearly it isn't in reality - and about his handling of the temperamental outbursts of young professional sportsmen.

I've also been concerned about his managerial philsophy at times, particularly after seeing our first two teams this season and our teams at the end of last season.

But, I've said all along that RK is learning about management - he admits that himself - and I've expected him to make mistakes.

Teamwise he seems to have had the wisdom and self criticism to change his approach and, while I am sure he has good reasons for his reaction to indiscipline/temperamental outbursts whatever, I wonder if he'll be better at recognising what might cause such problems in the first place and better able to prevent them before they ever arise.

Sorry that's a bit nebulous but at least it touches on what I'm getting at.

I'm concerned about some of RK's statements backfiring on him - like every shirt is up for grabs when clearly it isn't in reality - and about his handling of the temperamental outbursts of young professional sportsmen.

I've also been concerned about his managerial philsophy at times, particularly after seeing our first two teams this season and our teams at the end of last season.

But, I've said all along that RK is learning about management - he admits that himself - and I've expected him to make mistakes.

Teamwise he seems to have had the wisdom and self criticism to change his approach and, while I am sure he has good reasons for his reaction to indiscipline/temperamental outbursts whatever, I wonder if he'll be better at recognising what might cause such problems in the first place and better able to prevent them before they ever arise.

Sorry that's a bit nebulous but at least it touches on what I'm getting at.

RK will pull it together in time imo. He turned an almost relegated team into a team that, if they played in the same way all season, would have been there or there abouts for automatic promotion. Now people have seen him do that, they will be expecting greater things from him instantly, but it won't be like that, it'll take time, and I feel it'll be well worth it when he gets it exactly right. Sure some of the things he says come back to haunt him, but even top managers like Wenger, Mourinho and Ferguson have gone through the same sort of things, and look how it has benefited them. I'm not stupid enough to compare RK to them 3, but I'm kind of using their experiences to back up my points.

Trouble is, at times I think he can change a game. Not often, in fact hardly at all! Against Sheffield United last year (at home) he was absolutely superb for 50 minutes.

Dunno, playing against lower league opposition could well suit him. It could have a positive impact on his confidence. But if it does, the new found confidence could be shattered when he plays against (vaguely) better opposition and struggles again

Archived