Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rotherhamfox

Leeds Festival

Was decent. Apart from torrential downpours on Wednesday and Sunday. Bandwise i wasn't that fussed about alot of them but some i caught were excellent such as Boysetfire, Municipal Waste, Send more paramedics(Just for the fact some decent circles took place), Flogging Molly, and a little known ska band called Lightyear, i really detest ska but i thought they put on a great show, and they quoted Partridge a few times.

P.S I had me city shirt on and got a few good comments.

Here's a list of the bands and what i thought of them:

The Quiet Kill-Expected them to be good considering half the band were part of Million Dead, they were fairly bollocks

Enter Shikari-Fairly Average

Sikth-I like them but it weren't a great show at all

Mastodon-Decent

Slayer-Were good, didn't seem totally into it though

Placebo-Were decent

The yeah yeah yeahs-Enjoyed it, laughed when it appeared she had got tape stuck in her hair

Lightyear-Great

Towers of London-Twas a laugh, i swear they weren't playing guitar

Dirty Pretty Things-Absolute shite

Feeder-Great

The Futureheads-Not bad

Wolfmother-Big daft rip off of Led Zepp but still enjoyable

Flogging Molly-Great

Aiden-Not amazing but were they ever going to be

Coheed-Decent, slightly self indulgent last ten minutes but did show they were excellent guitar players

Be your own pet-Not a big fan before i went but they put on a good show

Eagles of death metal-Good old fashioned rock n roll, really enjoyed it

Muse-Not as good as i expected

Rise Against-Lots of this type of punk sounds very samey and they were no exception

Send more Paramedics-Had a fun time in the big circle

Municipal Waste-Were decent, i thought there might have been more people there though

The Bled-Average

Here's a list of the bands and what i thought of them:

Mastodon-Decent

Towers of London-Twas a laugh, i swear they weren't playing guitar

Aiden-Not amazing but were they ever going to be

You saw the mainstage opening band everyday - How the fúck did you manage that??? - I had planned to see Mastodon and Towers of London - but was still at the tent drinking breakfast vodka when they played

I was most impressed with Municipal Waste - And was chuffed to see Phil (Bass) walking around the festival later in the day

Aside from The Waste, the highlight for me was Nouvelle Vague

You did really well to see Eagles of Death Metal - Mrs Deathside & I couldn't get into the tent - it was rammed - Who was drumming for them? - When I saw them in Belgium last week it wasn't Josh (Cobbo) Hommes

I already posted the list of bands I recall seeing in Craig's Reading thread HERE

Josh Homme weren't drumming sadly, but they were very enjoyable. Not to be rude but are you the blonde mohican guy? I think i was the one you showed your city tat too.

Sounds feasible - Not a mohican - Spiked all over - I do recall bumping into a city shirt as I was leaving either the NME or the LockUp tent - But the memory is somewhat vague

If it helps - here's a couple of pics from Leeds (and don't I look happy!) - A small part of that old tattoo is just visible in the 2nd pic :ph34r:

Leeds01.jpgLeeds02.jpg

Yeh i think you were leaving the lock up stage. Seemed to be a few city fans there over the weekend. You missed out on a good gig there, Lightyear. I ruddy can't stand ska but they were well good.

I recall watching some of Lightyear and then getting bored :ph34r: - Before they all got naked from what I hear :o

Sounds feasible - Not a mohican - Spiked all over - I do recall bumping into a city shirt as I was leaving either the NME or the LockUp tent - But the memory is somewhat vague

If it helps - here's a couple of pics from Leeds (and don't I look happy!) - A small part of that old tattoo is just visible in the 2nd pic :ph34r:

Leeds01.jpgLeeds02.jpg

I thought that was your normal scowl ;)

can't see you in the crowd Deathside!!!

You can't?? - I can :D - Although it's not that clear

TurboPop.JPGTurboPop1.JPG

I was at the front against the barrier dead centre - Straight in front of Hank

Thanks for posting this Jay - I hadn't seen it - Great memories - Even if I was píssed almost to the point of unconsiousness :ph34r:

You can't?? - I can :D - Although it's not that clear

TurboPop.JPGTurboPop1.JPG

I was at the front against the barrier dead centre - Straight in front of Hank

Thanks for posting this Jay - I hadn't seen it - Great memories - Even if I was píssed almost to the point of unconsiousness :ph34r:

I think there's a few more videos from Turbonegro at Pukkelpop on you tube aswell but this is a really good quality vid and because of the different angles on the camera looks like an official video!!! so somewhere the entire concert exists!!!

I think there's a few more videos from Turbonegro at Pukkelpop on you tube aswell but this is a really good quality vid and because of the different angles on the camera looks like an official video!!! so somewhere the entire concert exists!!!

Here's some really low quality pics from my phone camera - You can see one of the film crew in the bottom right of the third pic

TurboPop01.jpg

TurboPop03.jpg

TurboPop02.jpg

it seems if you go on the Pukkelpop website you can watch various bands BUT only if you have some dodgy Belgian ADSL connection which I think is a just a little unfair!!!

They are just interviews but yes restricted to some Belgium ISP

Archived