Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

St Johnstone 0-2 Leicester

I don't think Elliott has a chance of being captain even when he's fit.

You have the right candidates in Dublin & Keown my initial thoughts were Keown  but I'm not so sure now.Either of those two will be better leaders than Elliott tho.

Elliott is a great leader, always has been for Leicester.

I think he'll still be club captain next season and when he plays will still captain the side.

Elliott will be lucky to get a game let alone be captain when he's fit.

Micky obviously doesn't think that highly of him either or he wouldn't have loaned him out to Ipswich & played Dabizas & Heath at the end of last season.

Elliott was a good player for us but looks on his way out as soon as his contracts up.

I know he isn't the player he once was...but remember the 02-03 season..? Elliott and Taggart were brilliant. No pace what so ever, but in Micky's own words they 'murdered the first division'. I don't think Matty will have lost any of the ability that he had during that season as a lot of his good performances came from his great reading of the game.

In my own opinion I think he's a much better player than Heath and Dabizas and I can't understand why we did loan him out and played two players who seemed to become obsessed with trying to play an offside trap that wasn't actually any form of a trap...

Even though he hardly played last season he was still our club captain, I can't see why he wouldn't be this season.

I would play Elliott ahead of Dabizas any day I think he's garbage.

You are right Elliott & Tags were superb last time we went up that was one of the main reasons we did.He's 2 years older now tho mind still nowhere near Keowns age.

I would play Elliott ahead of Dabizas any day I think he's garbage.

You are right Elliott & Tags were superb last time we went up that was one of the main reasons we did.He's 2 years older now tho mind still nowhere near Keowns age.

I know Matty's two years older now, but I was trying to make the point that the way he plays, his age shouldn't really matter so much to an extent. He's never relied on pace as he's never had any and now that he is a vastly experienced centre half, his reading of the game will be even greater than before.

I do think he'd get caught out a lot in a back 4 in the top flight though which is probably what Micky realised and so shipped him out on loan. Remember he was always in the middle of a back 3 under O'Neill and he was superb in that role. A great captain too.

O'Neill has always played a back 5 or 3 whichever way you look at it & we were top 10 in the premier every season ever since .Taylor bassett & adams have almost always played 4-4-2.

we always looked good with Elliott & Tags attacking the first ball & Sinclair mopping up behind & using his pace I have no Idea why we never played this way again.

O'Neill went to Celtic bought Lennon off us Thompson & Hartson who he was chasing for us & made them play with a back 3 (5) & they have been superb ever since.

formations are all about the personelle you have at the club and i think we would be awesome with a 3-5-2

We don't have 3 central midfield players.

Lilian Nalis, Gareth Williams, and Danny Tiatto.

Good points by both Cobbo and Neil - Elliott is best within a back 3 - He is less exposed then as he has extra cover. He was also allowed to bring the ball out of defence and look to initiate attacks within that formation. Elliott's distribution is excellent IMO, and he is perhaps under rated for his technical ability - Does anyone remember that goal against Chelsea in the FA cup a few years back when he did a Cryuff turn on Desailly and slotted it home? That was class. :D

And as Cobbo said, pace should not be an issue here - He's always had an excellent reading of the game, and he's never had any pace, so what's different?

Archived