Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox4ever

We are in it together

That is the fans at least are cos the shareholders / Directors / FT are in a different world.

I quote one director when he states this not a football club it is a business.

If that’s the case then what they are selling is not fit for purpose.

I am afraid that the reality is that they now see this as the equivalent to one of those mens clubs and the football is of secondary consideration. Don't believe the crap you get about them being life long fans. Most of them never even set foot inside Filbert Street. Some of the VP's lost a lot more when we went bust than any of these have ever put in.

As for people saying they put in six figure sums, true some put in £100K some put in £250K but then some put in as little as £25K. Since many of them are millionaires that is peanuts to them and they make sure they get plenty of freebies in return.

The fact is they do not intend to put in any more of their own money and would I feel they would block any move by someone to take over by refusing to sell their shares, preferring to survive in this league as a mid table team. In other words no more money and no ambition.

Either that or they were a little naive if they could not see that putting in a sum of money to save us from going bust was only the start of their commitment and they had an obligation then to ensure that there were sufficient funds each season to make improvements in the playing squad. No further investment and you go backwards as all the other teams around you make the necessary changes.

The latest and only revenue stream they have come up with so far...........a car boot sale at the Walkers.

As I don't see this current commercial outfit generating any serious cash and without a serious player like MM taking over (for the reasons I have stated above), the only options they have is to either ground share with the Tigers or sell the Training ground / Academy and find a cheaper alternative further out of town.

I quite agree.

If they thought that a six figure investment was going tro be enough to ensure that the club would continue to exist then they were sorely wrong. Anyone could have realsied that it would take sustained investment over a considerable period of time to ensure that we not only survive but become a money making venture.

Can you imagine a board member going into the Dragons Den!?! "Hello my name is Joe Bloggs i am here today to ask for £100m from the dragons to invest in my company Leicester City Football Club :o . (I doubt they would get any further before being chucked out, but if they did) For your investment we are offering a 100% share of the company. The money will be used to buy below par players to try and return LCFC to the Premiership where the big money is. :unsure:

Theo - " Let me stop you there, I invested in footabll in the past, I lost shitloads of cash as there are only a select few clubs who actually make a profit in the English game. If you invest in a club these days you are not going to see your money again - its like giving a donation to charity, pay out the money, feel good for doing it but don't expect any returns. For that reason I'm out". :mad:

Peter Jones "do you have any debts? What is your overall profit? What, if anything, have you done to attract other investment to the club? :eek:

"Well we are currently in financial ruin. We have so much debt it's unbelievable. We don't even own our stadium where we play. The valuation of our players might, if lucky fetch us £3m. Our attendances are falling so the income to the club is also slowly becoming less. We are in a downward spiral :cry: . So far we have not attracted any new investment to the club since we took over but we are holding a carboot sale soon :thumbsup: . When the stadium was build we had an idea of holding concerts there but we have now found that it is not suitable and it would take about £200,000 to bring it up to standard to hold them. We reckon if we did this the 1st concert would probably pay for the alterations but we are not prepared to risk anymore of our own money on the venture. :sweating:

All other Dragons in unision - "If you aren't prepared to invest further in a club you are running then how do you expect anyone else to want to come and invest in it for you?"

We don't really. All we want is for someone to come in and pay us all our money back and take it off our hands, cus we want out a.s.a.p! for that reason we are giving you a 100% share for your investment. :thumbup:

Dragons "Get knotted tight arse, cough up yer own cash, find someone who can attract some money into the club and stop playing at running a club and actually have the balls to take it on and do the job properly. We are out!!"

Is our new "lifelong city supporter" chairman really telling us that there is NO cash whatsoever to spend on transfers??? Even Derby have managed to cough up substantial sums of money, damn sheepshaggers. He was chief executive of McDonalds UK for god sake, surely he must be able to give us a couple of 100k... :(

Archived