Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newms

Loan Striker signing

I hope the fact that we have scored 5 games in the last 2 games hasnt meant Kelly has stopped looking for a striker. The facts dont lie and in terms of scoring goals we are in the bottom 6. I'd like to believe that the problem has been solved but i realise we could just as easily go a few games without scoring with the forwards at our disposal. Hope Kelly realises this too

Asaba staying on trial with Foxes

Leicester manager Rob Kelly has confirmed veteran striker Carl Asaba is still training with the club.

The 33-year-old joined the Foxes on a non-contract basis at he end of last month and Kelly continues to cast his eye over the former Stoke and Sheffield United man.

"Carl is still working with us," Kelly told the club's official website. "He came here needing fitness work and we have got him for another week or so, so we'll see how it goes."

:ph34r:

Asaba staying on trial with Foxes

Leicester manager Rob Kelly has confirmed veteran striker Carl Asaba is still training with the club.

The 33-year-old joined the Foxes on a non-contract basis at he end of last month and Kelly continues to cast his eye over the former Stoke and Sheffield United man.

"Carl is still working with us," Kelly told the club's official website. "He came here needing fitness work and we have got him for another week or so, so we'll see how it goes."

:ph34r:

I dont believe he is good enough and surely if Kelly did he would have signed him by now hes been here for about a month

I dont believe he is good enough and surely if Kelly did he would have signed him by now hes been here for about a month

Yeah but isn't kelly waiting for him to get fit so he can view him properly to see if he is worth keeping?

I agree, with Williams out for some time again we lack the creative midfielder that we need.

We created quite a few chances on Tuesday night by the sounds of things, and that was after Williams went off. Leeds aren't the greatest team in this league but I would say we have players who are good enough to create in the side. Hammond's worked hard but I still think we could find a striker on loan who offers everything Elvis does but with the ability to finish chances too.

Think that rumour died a death at the end of last week..

Central midfield could be a worry with the current spate of injuries, but if need be we can move Levi Porter there or promote Andy King from the Academy, so we haven't run out of options just yet.

Central midfield could be a worry with the current spate of injuries, but if need be we can move Levi Porter there or promote Andy King from the Academy, so we haven't run out of options just yet.

We only have 17 'first team' players fit at the minute according to the OS so I would say most areas of the team are slightly worrying if any more injuries are picked up. We've only really got three strikers at the moment with Dodds and MDV out on loan and Fryatt injured. Hammond and O'Grady are about as good as each other when it comes to a scoring record so that's a lot of pressure on the shoulders of Hume. Having said all of that, I can't see us getting anyone else in the near future.

I would say that barring injuries, i don't think we will get anymore academy players called up this season. Logan, Porter and O'Grady are in their first proper season and RK might consider it a risk bringing up more than 3.

I would say that barring injuries, i don't think we will get anymore academy players called up this season. Logan, Porter and O'Grady are in their first proper season and RK might consider it a risk bringing up more than 3.

I reckon Dodds'll play a game this season.

Archived