Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Josh Low ?

Where the fook do you sit in the ground lol?? I didn't hear too many bad comments directed at either of them, and from speaking to others at the ground and indeed reading some comments and player ratings on here, people were impressed by both Elvis and Tiatto on Saturday.

Oh, and I too hope we batter the Aussies in the Ashes :D:P

I sit in L1 and there's a group of people near me who must have a very stressful life away from football because everything irritates them. When there's hardly anyone singing, they moan that no-one's singing. When people join in, like on Saturday, they have a go at people for turning up to a game for the first time in years. Gets a bit tedious after a while.

I sit in L1 and there's a group of people near me who must have a very stressful life away from football because everything irritates them. When there's hardly anyone singing, they moan that no-one's singing. When people join in, like on Saturday, they have a go at people for turning up to a game for the first time in years. Gets a bit tedious after a while.

Great. You are making it sound like such a nice place to sit. I'm gona be in there for the first time ever against Stoke and I'm not so sure I want to be now lol.

Erm I'm not too sure atm 'cos my tickets are at home and I'm currently at my Gran's house... Where would I be likely to get terrorised by the irritated bunch?

You can probably hear them anywhere in the Alliance & Leicester Stand. They're quite close to the back about as far away from the away fans as you can get in L1.

You can probably hear them anywhere in the Alliance & Leicester Stand. They're quite close to the back about as far away from the away fans as you can get in L1.

Ahh I see.. I have a feeling I'm in the middle of L1, but I'm not too sure. Would I be safe in there??

I wouldn't say he's good enough either but the fact that people would rather slate him than try to encourage him is what gets on my nerves. The people around me can't wait to rip into Low for every little thing he does wrong and when he does something right it was due to good work by someone else before. The people around me also slated Hammond for for being greedy and for missing the open goal. Well it was Hammond who created the open goal opportunity out of nothing on the halfway line and he contributed a lot to the team through his holding up of the ball and pace. Hume can do no wrong because he's scoring the goals. Sometimes I wonder if our fans actually watch the game or whether they come to see their favourite players and have a go at anyone who has done something wrong in the past.

My thought exactly about his run from halfway and had Elvis taken the penalty he won - and scored - he'd have had three goals in six starts and Hume would have five in seven. To me they made an excellent pair on Saturday and we have much more serious problems to worry about.

well i am gunna stuck up for him, i think he does well yeh he has had a few bad games but everyone has a blip every now and then its just something we have to put up with! fryatt hasnt been scoring but people arent slating him!

yeh just recently his crossin hasnt been good and his heading not great either but he still takes people on and he can put a good cross in but whats the point in puttin them in if people arent in there?

he is a threat down the right so dont really see what the problem is, give him a chance to do things right again

Spot on. His first couple of games were great, because he seriously contributed to areas in which we were lacking, and it was obvious.

It doesn't seem like he tackles that often but give him a free run and he can put a good cross in. He's also not afraid to get up front, and in a situation where people have concerns that we have too many defensive midfielders and not enough Gudjonsson-esque players, we need players like Low.

You might say that you don't always get the free run and that you have to fight for it, but the same thing could be said for Fryatt.

Remember also that Low's cross to Hume won us the game against Leeds.

Low, forward, 10 games played no goals scored. Serious atttempts on goal very limited. Assists very few. Potential assists very few.

Sylla, forward, 25 games played no goals scored. Any attempts on goal are collectors items. Assists very few. Potential assists very few.

Hughes, supposedly attacking forward. 10 appearances this season 1 goal.

Maybury, supposedly attacking midfielder under Kelly. 71-games 3 goals. Very few assists.

With our deeper midfield players Tiatto, Johnson, Weso, Williams also rarely scoring (but more understandably) it's no wonder we struggle to finish teams off.

I don't usually look at the player ratings on here to be honest. I can only tell you what I hear around me at matches and there weren't many complimentary comments in the direction of either Elvis or Tiatto. Apparently Tiatto should fook back off to Australia, he's an Aussie twat and we're going to win the Ashes. I hope the bloke's right about the last point. Oh and Elvis is a greedy ****er despite his tireless work for the team throughout the 90 minutes. :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree with you on Elvis. His work-rate and performance was good on Saturday, but he is greedy as a player, I remember when we played Ipswich and he should have threaded the ball to Porter who would be clean through !!

Archived