Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Josh Low ?

Since yesterday against Palace, I hadn't been to a game since the Southend match and couldn't believe what a poor player he is.

What does he offer? He can't cross, can't take players on and his passing is woeful. Not sure why Maybury didn't come on yesterday so Stearman could have pushed up into the right side of midfield or vice versa.

Also Sylla - I actually find myself nearly in hysterics watching him play. He doesn't have a clue about football. Sorry to say this, but if both got injured for the season I'd possibly cheer !!

Low and Sylla out !! :mad:

Low can put a good ball in I think

Didn't do it yesterday though, did he!

I have no patience for Low anymore...I wanted him to do so well, and thought he could, but he seems to spend half his time jumping up to try and head an over-hit pass and the other half of the time not crossing. So what use is he?

Since yesterday against Palace, I hadn't been to a game since the Southend match and couldn't believe what a poor player he is.

What does he offer? He can't cross, can't take players on and his passing is woeful. Not sure why Maybury didn't come on yesterday so Stearman could have pushed up into the right side of midfield or vice versa.

Also Sylla - I actually find myself nearly in hysterics watching him play. He doesn't have a clue about football. Sorry to say this, but if both got injured for the season I'd possibly cheer !!

Can't comment personally as I wasn't there yesterday but a few football journo's thought Sylla had a good game one was even quoted as saying "the tricky Sylla" :cry:

Were they watching the same game? Or are we just being over critical of our own players as usual :unsure:

Can't comment personally as I wasn't there yesterday but a few football journo's thought Sylla had a good game one was even quoted as saying "the tricky Sylla" :cry:

Were they watching the same game? Or are we just being over critical of our own players as usual :unsure:

I thought sylla made a difference when he came on.

Yes but why go back to playing a full-back in midfield. Can we not take this club forward and play the people who are most dangerous in that position...Porter or Gradel?.

We don't need supplementary defenders. Our defence is fine for this division. They concede one a game on average, whoever plays..

I have a bit of sympathy for Low. Who would want to be a winger who has practically no-one to aim for in the box when you get the ball in a promising position? I know I wouldn't. Low put a decent ball in for Hume who headed the ball embarassingly wide, but it was Hume so it's alright....

Low can head the ball alright when it's whipped in at pace, forced a decent save from Kiraly during the first half, he just struggles to win the ball when it's sent high up in the air. I thought it was shocking some of the stick he was getting from people around me. People have to realise that he's stepping up from League Two where you come up against a different calibre of player. It's a big learning curve for him and he's bound to struggle a bit. I'd rather see Low try and fail than Sylla just fail.

well i am gunna stuck up for him, i think he does well yeh he has had a few bad games but everyone has a blip every now and then its just something we have to put up with! fryatt hasnt been scoring but people arent slating him!

yeh just recently his crossin hasnt been good and his heading not great either but he still takes people on and he can put a good cross in but whats the point in puttin them in if people arent in there?

he is a threat down the right so dont really see what the problem is, give him a chance to do things right again

Low can put a good ball in I think, he just can't tackle :ph34r:

The ball needs to be passed in or driven in. High, hopeful crosses are a waste of time with our type of strikers.

There also needs to be more penetrative passing from central midfield. Although Hammond did get a few opportunities that way on Saturday most of these came from directed balls over the top (quite good ones sometimes) rather than quick, low through balls.

I have a bit of sympathy for Low. Who would want to be a winger who has practically no-one to aim for in the box when you get the ball in a promising position? I know I wouldn't. Low put a decent ball in for Hume who headed the ball embarassingly wide, but it was Hume so it's alright....

Low can head the ball alright when it's whipped in at pace, forced a decent save from Kiraly during the first half, he just struggles to win the ball when it's sent high up in the air. I thought it was shocking some of the stick he was getting from people around me. People have to realise that he's stepping up from League Two where you come up against a different calibre of player. It's a big learning curve for him and he's bound to struggle a bit. I'd rather see Low try and fail than Sylla just fail.

Agreed pretty much. Low is not a targetman. God knows why we are using him as one. Well, so do I actually, because there's no-one else in the front six at the moment who can win a ball in the air.

As you say, when Low puts a decent ball in there's no-one to attack it effectively and you can't criticise him for not being a targetman - we might just as well be lumping it to Welsh on the other side. People don't accuse him of not being able to head it.

I'm not saying he's good enough though. The fact is that he isn't up to it and should always have been a backup player for a decent Championship level right-sided midfielder. Kelly's fault for thinking that this was Maybury or Hughes.

Have to agree with JBF & MotF, why oh why do we think he's Scowcroft MK2, not that the tactic of hoofing the ball to him was all that effective after a while.

Why can't one of our defenders (Stearman or McAuley) drop back occasionally and take a short ball from the goalie. They do this even in sunday league football that I watch.

If the ball was fed from the back down the wings or through the middle and out to the wings for Low/Welsh/Porter to move onto we'd see them being much more productive, We would also end up with more players in the box/on the edge.

Low was beaten in the air to every hoofed ball yesterday and nearly everyone earnt us a throw in which we duly wasted, the point is even if he'd have won those headers who the hell was he going to head them to Hume & Hammond were mostly 20/30 yards away marked by 2/3/4 defenders. an absolute shite of a tactic.

It's not easy being a winger and getting to the goal line for a cross, they need to big given many opportunities to do it, we are just not providing that opportuinty with these hoofed balls.

Agreed pretty much. Low is not a targetman. God knows why we are using him as one. Well, so do I actually, because there's no-one else in the front six at the moment who can win a ball in the air.

As you say, when Low puts a decent ball in there's no-one to attack it effectively and you can't criticise him for not being a targetman - we might just as well be lumping it to Welsh on the other side. People don't accuse him of not being able to head it.

I'm not saying he's good enough though. The fact is that he isn't up to it and should always have been a backup player for a decent Championship level right-sided midfielder. Kelly's fault for thinking that this was Maybury or Hughes.

I wouldn't say he's good enough either but the fact that people would rather slate him than try to encourage him is what gets on my nerves. The people around me can't wait to rip into Low for every little thing he does wrong and when he does something right it was due to good work by someone else before. The people around me also slated Hammond for for being greedy and for missing the open goal. Well it was Hammond who created the open goal opportunity out of nothing on the halfway line and he contributed a lot to the team through his holding up of the ball and pace. Hume can do no wrong because he's scoring the goals. Sometimes I wonder if our fans actually watch the game or whether they come to see their favourite players and have a go at anyone who has done something wrong in the past.

I wouldn't say he's good enough either but the fact that people would rather slate him than try to encourage him is what gets on my nerves. The people around me can't wait to rip into Low for every little thing he does wrong and when he does something right it was due to good work by someone else before. The people around me also slated Hammond for for being greedy and for missing the open goal. Well it was Hammond who created the open goal opportunity out of nothing on the halfway line and he contributed a lot to the team through his holding up of the ball and pace. Hume can do no wrong because he's scoring the goals. Sometimes I wonder if our fans actually watch the game or whether they come to see their favourite players and have a go at anyone who has done something wrong in the past.

I think you only need to read some of the player ratings thread to answer that. ;)

Sometimes I wonder if our fans actually watch the game or whether they come to see their favourite players and have a go at anyone who has done something wrong in the past.

Bit of both I'd say. Many people slate Tiatto and Elvis all the time but their match ratings yesterday were quite impressive and people had mainly good words to say about the pair of them

Bit of both I'd say. Many people slate Tiatto and Elvis all the time but their match ratings yesterday were quite impressive and people had mainly good words to say about the pair of them

I don't usually look at the player ratings on here to be honest. I can only tell you what I hear around me at matches and there weren't many complimentary comments in the direction of either Elvis or Tiatto. Apparently Tiatto should fook back off to Australia, he's an Aussie twat and we're going to win the Ashes. I hope the bloke's right about the last point. Oh and Elvis is a greedy ****er despite his tireless work for the team throughout the 90 minutes. :rolleyes:

I don't usually look at the player ratings on here to be honest. I can only tell you what I hear around me at matches and there weren't many complimentary comments in the direction of either Elvis or Tiatto. Apparently Tiatto should fook back off to Australia, he's an Aussie twat and we're going to win the Ashes. I hope the bloke's right about the last point. Oh and Elvis is a greedy ****er despite his tireless work for the team throughout the 90 minutes. :rolleyes:

Where the fook do you sit in the ground lol?? I didn't hear too many bad comments directed at either of them, and from speaking to others at the ground and indeed reading some comments and player ratings on here, people were impressed by both Elvis and Tiatto on Saturday.

Oh, and I too hope we batter the Aussies in the Ashes :D:P

Archived