Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mort

Kisnorbo and Walsh

The comparison's been made... but would there be merit on throwing Kisnorbo forward as a target man towards the end of game if we where totally out of options? (as we did once to twice with Walsh back in the day).

I realise that there are lots of differences between the two, but while most of Kisnorbo’s goals come from corners or free kicks and he less of a physical presence than Walshy ever was, but with our striking options so limited might it be an idea worth exploring.

Another idea might be Stearman, who’s another defender who’s got composure before goal and can go forward when needed… it’s just without Dodds or Fryatt our options are fairly limited.

A lot of teams certainly nowadays throw their center-half forward if they want to score in the last 10 minutes of a game and they are out of attacking options. I don't think it could hurt us trying it on occasions, as it worked ok with both Walsh and Elliot once upon a day.

If anyone i'd say Mcauley, he looks the best with the ball at his feet and he is the biggest out of the lot as well, saying that he won't get back into the team for a long time now.

he won't get back into the team for a long time now.

Isn't it only a 1 game suspension?? And isn't Paddy Mac 1 yellow away from a ban himself?? If both are true, we could well be seeing him sooner than you may think :P(Info regarding Paddy Mac was supplied to me by lwicd)

Isn't it only a 1 game suspension?? And isn't Paddy Mac 1 yellow away from a ban himself?? If both are true, we could well be seeing him sooner than you may think :P(Info regarding Paddy Mac was supplied to me by lwicd)

Yes and Yes in that order. ;)

The Mac is one card short of another spell on the sidelines.

McAuley is out for one game for the red, assuming it isn't rescinded (developing story, stay tuned). :ph34r:

So in effect, McAuley will miss Stoke. The Mac will get booked at Stoke. Thus, as soon as McAuley's ban is over, he will return to the side as if nothing ever happened. :ph34r:

Yes and Yes in that order. ;)

The Mac is one card short of another spell on the sidelines.

McAuley is out for one game for the red, assuming it isn't rescinded (developing story, stay tuned). :ph34r:

So in effect, McAuley will miss Stoke. The Mac will get booked at Stoke. Thus, as soon as McAuley's ban is over, he will return to the side as if nothing ever happened. :ph34r:

Thanks for supplying me with correct information, much appreciated :P

I can't imagine the McAuley red card being rescinded unless it has hit him in the face/forehead/chest, which atm it doesn't look like it did:

Blackstock's goalbound effort was handled on the line by McAuley and as a result the referee had no alternative but to award Rangers a penalty and dismiss the defender.

Still though, it's almost certain that he'll be in the team for the game after next, 'cos I can't see Paddy Mac playing and not getting booked, as I'm sure you can't. Bet you're please lol

Thanks for supplying me with correct information, much appreciated :P

I can't imagine the McAuley red card being rescinded unless it has hit him in the face/forehead/chest, which atm it doesn't look like it did:

Still though, it's almost certain that he'll be in the team for the game after next, 'cos I can't see Paddy Mac playing and not getting booked, as I'm sure you can't. Bet you're please lol

I can't say I'm thrilled. I'd rather McAuley retained his place all along - ie. by not managing to get sent off. :S

If the OS says he handled it, looks like he must have. :P

Bloody shame. The question is was it intentional?

Hopefully now he's got his first red card out of his system, he won't allow it to happen again. ;)

I can't say I'm thrilled. I'd rather McAuley retained his place all along - ie. by not managing to get sent off. :S

If the OS says he handled it, looks like he must have. :P

Bloody shame. The question is was it intentional?

Hopefully now he's got his first red card out of his system, he won't allow it to happen again. ;)

Yeah I took that from the OS and so it looks as though it did hit his hand and nothing else. It's a shame though, he was playing really well for us. Intentional or not, he's probably blocked a certain goal with the use of his hand, and that's good enough for a sending off. No grounds for appeal as far as I can see :)

I hope you're right about not being sent off again, we definitely don't need him going and getting red carded knowing Paddy M is always likely to be suspended :whistle::P

Yeah I took that from the OS and so it looks as though it did hit his hand and nothing else. It's a shame though, he was playing really well for us. Intentional or not, he's probably blocked a certain goal with the use of his hand, and that's good enough for a sending off. No grounds for appeal as far as I can see :)

I hope you're right about not being sent off again, we definitely don't need him going and getting red carded knowing Paddy M is always likely to be suspended :whistle::P

The Red card is a mere blot on an otherwise good run of games for McAuley - and what a time to make your name known. Hopefully his performances have banished the 'League Two Defender - nothing more nothing less' tag some people were quick to apply to him. :whistle:

Nice to know we have more than capable backup for either of our 'first choice' centre-halves (though one could argue McAuley ought to be one of those first-choice players) ;)

The Red card is a mere blot on an otherwise good run of games for McAuley - and what a time to make your name known. Hopefully his performances have banished the 'League Two Defender - nothing more nothing less' tag some people were quick to apply to him. :whistle:

Nice to know we have more than capable backup for either of our 'first choice' centre-halves (though one could argue McAuley ought to be one of those first-choice players) ;)

Are you Thracian in disguise?? :unsure::whistle::P

Don't know using Kisnorbo the last 10 minutes particularly - I'd like us to try and sustain a lead when we get it in the first place by scoring again instead of giving the opposition a go.

However it was noticeable today that one of our major ploys at free kicks was to have Hume or Tiatto take the kick and for our entire big brigade to hit the penalty box. It worked for the goal (another brilliant Tiatto free kick - they were his only good marks in an otherwise awful day) and might have worked at other times.

Don't know using Kisnorbo the last 10 minutes particularly - I'd like us to try and sustain a lead when we get it in the first place by scoring again instead of giving the opposition a go.

However it was noticeable today that one of our major ploys at free kicks was to have Hume or Tiatto take the kick and for our entire big brigade to hit the penalty box. It worked for the goal (another brilliant Tiatto free kick - they were his only good marks in an otherwise awful day) and might have worked at other times.

I noticed that - the constant mention of 'the big brigade' heading for the box - Nissa, McAuley, Kisnorbo.

Being able to use the height our defenders have would be amazingly useful for goals. ;)

I noticed that - the constant mention of 'the big brigade' heading for the box - Nissa, McAuley, Kisnorbo.

Being able to use the height our defenders have would be amazingly useful for goals. ;)

I hope we can keep Kisnorbo fit and not suspended. What a threat he is from set plays. I said that we were missing Kisnorbo's aerial presence in a match thread (can't remember who we played) and Paddy Mac kept on missing from headers... Some people thought I was being mean 'cos I kept saying Paddy M was no Kisnorbo :P

I hope we can keep Kisnorbo fit and not suspended. What a threat he is from set plays. I said that we were missing Kisnorbo's aerial presence in a match thread (can't remember who we played) and Paddy Mac kept on missing from headers... Some people thought I was being mean 'cos I kept saying Paddy M was no Kisnorbo :P

Gareth's meant to be handy from set pieces - he just hasn't had the chances yet. :ermm:

Gareth's meant to be handy from set pieces - he just hasn't had the chances yet. :ermm:

lol you are obsessed with McAuley. Let it go, it isn't healthy!!!! I can't imagine what you're gona be like when he goes and scores a goal for us :laugh: :P

It'll look a bit like this...

:banana::chant::bounce::clap: :thumbsup: :scarf::santa::yahoo::dance::worship::jump:nana2.gif

lol if it looks like that on here God only knows what your house will be like when it goes in.. Still, good on ya and I hope he grants your wishes soon (for the sake of our team :thumbup::yesyes: )

Won't be against Stoke though ;)

lol if it looks like that on here God only knows what your house will be like when it goes in.. Still, good on ya and I hope he grants your wishes soon (for the sake of our team :thumbup::yesyes: )

Won't be against Stoke though ;)

That's it... rub it in... you little punk. <_<

:thumbsup:

That's it... rub it in... you little punk. <_<

:thumbsup:

Haha sorry looker, you're right I shouldn't rub it in. We actually do look better as a unit when he plays for some reason, and we're a bit more composed and better going forward as well. He'll be sorely missed on Tuesday, but that will be cancelled out by the fact Big (paddy) Mac is returning and we are getting MILAN :D:jump:

(McAuley will play against Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend due to Big Mac picking up another yellow against Stoke for a crunching challenge on Lee Hendrie :yesyes: )

Kis is on fire at the moment.

But only when he's helped us to promotion,

AND proved himself in the Premiership,

AND battled back from career-threatening injuries,

AND led us to a major trophy,

....will he have earned the right to bear comparison with Walshy!

Archived