Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertboy

Hi im new

Welcome to the board mate :thumbup:

i can't remember too many players from the pre 1990's so forgive me if I leave some out!!

-----------------Banks-------------------

------Walsh---Elliott----Kisnorbo :ph34r: ------

----Worthington---Izzett--Lennon---Weller

-------Lineker----Rowley----Heskey

Welcome to the board mate :thumbup:

i can't remember too many players from the pre 1990's so forgive me if I leave some out!!

-----------------Banks-------------------

------Walsh---Elliott----Kisnorbo :ph34r: ------

----Worthington---Izzett--Lennon---Weller

-------Lineker----Rowley----Heskey

:worship:

No Collymore, though? :o

Hi im new to all this but thought i would post my all time city 11 bet you have all done this one before now ??

ah well here goes :

Wallington whitworth Rofe Walsh Elliot Weller Lennon Izzet Glover lineker Worthington

All time best? Was Wallington was better than Shilton or Banks, Walsh was better than Ian King, Tony Knapp or John Sjoberg and are you leaving David Gibson out altogether?

That's like leaving George Best out of United's all time greats.

On a scale of one to 10 with Gibbo given l0 I doubt any other City attacking midfielder would have rated more than 6/7 by comparison.

Gibbo could do things with a football most professionals only dream of. He could receive a huge punt upfield from the goalkeeper, catch it on his foot and pass it in one movement without the thing touching the ground.

The bloke was sheer class, perhaps the best flighter of a ball I ever saw.

There'd be a paragraph in the paper if he miscontrolled the ball - it would be rare as spotting a pair of Panda's mating in the local park.

And when people talk about someone being too lightweight to cope with hard, physical opponents they should have watched Gibbo cos, although he was as light as they make em, very few of the thugs - and that's what some of em were in the 60's - ever got near enough to tackle him and his kit would often finish as clean at the end as when he started.

You wouldn't have seen Gibbo slipping all over the ground like Kenton. He was to passing what Le-Tissier was to shooting really although, that said, LeTiss could pass brilliantly too and it's probably daft anyway trying to compare anyone with LeTiss. The man had his own inimitable way of being a genius.

But Gibbo was as special creatively as we've ever had in my time and a truly smashing bloke as well.

Anyway, welcome to the forum just the same. You picked some cracking players. :thumbup:

All time best? Was Wallington was better than Shilton or Banks, Walsh was better than Ian King, Tony Knapp or John Sjoberg and are you leaving David Gibson out altogether?

People seem to rave about him all the time... wish I was old enough to have seen him in action. ;)

That's like leaving George Best out of United's all time greats.

On a scale of one to 10 with Gibbo given l0 I doubt any other City attacking midfielder would have rated more than 6/7 by comparison.

Gibbo could do things with a football most professionals only dream of. He could receive a huge punt upfield from the goalkeeper, catch it on his foot and pass it in one movement without the thing touching the ground.

The bloke was sheer class, perhaps the best flighter of a ball I ever saw.

There'd be a paragraph in the paper if he miscontrolled the ball - it would be rare as spotting a pair of Panda's mating in the local park.

And when people talk about someone being too lightweight to cope with hard, physical opponents they should have watched Gibbo cos, although he was as light as they make em, very few of the thugs - and that's what some of em were in the 60's - ever got near enough to tackle him and his kit would often finish as clean at the end as when he started.

You wouldn't have seen Gibbo slipping all over the ground like Kenton. He was to passing what Le-Tissier was to shooting really although, that said, LeTiss could pass brilliantly too and it's probably daft anyway trying to compare anyone with LeTiss. The man had his own inimitable way of being a genius.

But Gibbo was as special creatively as we've ever had in my time and a truly smashing bloke as well.

Anyway, welcome to the forum just the same. You picked some cracking players. :thumbup:

Hi never said wallington was better than either shilts or banksie just that i saw wally playing stacks more than i did the other two. as for gibson again only remember seeing him once when my dad took me when i was very young. anyway this is my opinion of my fav team you are entitled to yours !!!! besides that i saw bestie play and i would not leave him out of a united team so u cant compare leaving gibson out to leaving best out asi didnt see gibson its all about who you saw and liked yourself

Hi never said wallington was better than either shilts or banksie just that i saw wally playing stacks more than i did the other two. as for gibson again only remember seeing him once when my dad took me when i was very young. anyway this is my opinion of my fav team you are entitled to yours !!!! besides that i saw bestie play and i would not leave him out of a united team so u cant compare leaving gibson out to leaving best out asi didnt see gibson its all about who you saw and liked yourself

Ah, not all time best, but all time best that you saw...that's different.

And don't take me too seriously, I was only winding you up a bit - getting you into the swing of things. You wait til you meet Manwell!!! :D:D:D

Hi im new to all this but thought i would post my all time city 11 bet you have all done this one before now ??

ah well here goes :

Wallington whitworth Rofe Walsh Elliot Weller Lennon Izzet Glover lineker Worthington

Welcome to FT!

For what its worth, I reckon this is the best that I've seen (as opposed to an all-time XI)...

--------------- Flowers ----------------

Kaamark --- Elliott - Walsh --- Whitlow

Izzet --- Lennon - McAllister - Heskey

--------- Lineker - Smith --------------

Welcome to FT!

For what its worth, I reckon this is the best that I've seen (as opposed to an all-time XI)...

--------------- Flowers ----------------

Kaamark --- Elliott - Walsh --- Whitlow

Izzet --- Lennon - McAllister - Heskey

--------- Lineker - Smith --------------

Wouldn't it be nice to have a few clones done.

And that line-up takes me back - I played against Alan Smith a couple of times and was bloody glad not to have been our centre-half! :whistle:

I played against Alan Smith a couple of times and was bloody glad not to have been our centre-half! :whistle:

He's the ultimate advert for the (non) league ladder. We signed him for £7,000 from Alvechurch, and he goes on to play for England and score the winning goal in a European cup final. Amazing! I bet that never happens again.

Archived