lookwhaticando Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 Coventry boss threatens to quit Coventry manager Micky Adams has threatened to walk out on the club if supporters repeat the abuse aimed at him in the weekend win at Barnsley. The Sky Blues fans chanted 'You don't know what you're doing' at Adams when Wayne Andrews replaced Leon McKenzie. But Andrews came on after 83 minutes and grabbed the only goal of the game. Adams said: "If they don't want me at the helm they should just keep singing songs like that, because that is the quick way to get rid of managers." The Coventry boss refused to acknowledge the City fans as he led his victorious team off the field at Oakwell but admits he regrets his decision not to do so. Adams added: "The one mistake I made was failing to acknowledge our supporters when I left the pitch. "For that I apologise and I hold my hands up, because I should have thanked everyone for making the trip up to Barnsley." Bet he felt well pleased with himself when the lad he brought on went and scored the winner.
Milky Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 sing this to him cov fans: chin chinany, chin chinany, chin chin charoo, i have got one chin and adams has two. chin chinany, chin chinany, chin chin chareee, once he had two chins and now he has threeeeeeeeeeeee.
lcfc_jme Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 Bet he felt well pleased with himself when the lad he brought on went and scored the winner. Are you suprised after what they were singing at him?! I'd have been well smug with meself, as I'm sure mos other people would have been (I have just realised the sarcasm and infered meaning in your post, so don't be too harsh in your reply )
Libertine Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 "Micky Adams is upset at the criticism. That wasn't a Micky Adams team out there thinks Micky Adams.' And so on.
Guest Gist Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 "Micky Adams is upset at the criticism. That wasn't a Micky Adams team out there thinks Micky Adams.' And so on. It does actually have him talking in third person in the paper on the same issue.
lookwhaticando Posted 30 October 2006 Author Posted 30 October 2006 Are you suprised after what they were singing at him?! I'd have been well smug with meself, as I'm sure mos other people would have been (I have just realised the sarcasm and infered meaning in your post, so don't be too harsh in your reply )
Guest Gist Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 sing this to him cov fans: chin chinany, chin chinany, chin chin charoo, i have got one chin and adams has two. chin chinany, chin chinany, chin chin chareee, once he had two chins and now he has threeeeeeeeeeeee. Micky adams could actually wipe his nose and arse at the same time! I stole that from Me Myself and Irene
lcfc_jme Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 Haha I'm on to you, I know how you think and I am quick to realise my own mistakes and make the save on them now, in order to avoid being ridiculed by people on here, namely YOU!!! Micky should stay and sign a few grandads for Cov, and then walk out
Milky Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 To be fair to him he seems to be doing a reasonable job with the club. He has spent a bit and the fans probably want play offs, but when he joined they were in relegation danger.
Guest Gist Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 To be fair to him he seems to be doing a reasonable job with the club. He has spent a bit and the fans probably want play offs, but when he joined they were in relegation danger. I think they are still annoyed with him for selling McSheffrey but at £4 mill it would be silly to turn down.
Simon Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 I think they are still annoyed with him for selling McSheffrey but at £4 mill it would be silly to turn down. I thought that that wasn't exactly his choice...
Guest Gist Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 I thought that that wasn't exactly his choice... Surely he would have had a say in it?
Maybes Posted 30 October 2006 Posted 30 October 2006 Fair play to the guy. He done a good job their IMO. Its just the dirty cov fans being bitter about McSheffrey, £4,000,000 was a good deal for cov. Almost as good as Connolly for £3,000,000 aka daylight robbery.
lookwhaticando Posted 31 October 2006 Author Posted 31 October 2006 Haha I'm on to you, I know how you think and I am quick to realise my own mistakes and make the save on them now, in order to avoid being ridiculed by people on here, namely YOU!!! Micky should stay and sign a few grandads for Cov, and then walk out He can have Douglas (who's getting on a bit)... he just has to have a bidding war with Levein first.
gatesheadfox Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 He can have Douglas (who's getting on a bit)... he just has to have a bidding war with Levein first. Rab has to get at least another 10 years experience before mental mickeh would see him as a prospect. why didn't he just come out to the fans and say "i do know what i'm doing", huffy little shit. managers get stick some time, he should just put up with it, and if it continues for more than is acceptable he should walk home and take his ball with him
Joe. Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 That's how to prove em all wrong eh? Bring on a reject player who grabs the winner! Genius!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.