Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I_miss_wembley_finals

Is competition for places improving performances?

Although I wasn't at the game last night it seems that everything I read praises Paddy's performance last night and following the debates last week about the first choice centre half pairing, with the emergence of McAuley and consistency of Kisnorbo, surely that has got to be contributing to raising the bar in terms of performance standards?

Or rather than it being competition for places, is it just players hitting form that has helped push this little run together?

I would imagine it is a bit of both, and they are complimentary notions I guess in that competition encourages better form to retain places, which ever way you look at it 11 points from 15 in October is some return.

Pick any two of McAuley, McCarthy and Kisnorbo and you've got a solid centre-back pairing. :thumbup:

agreed. I would have to pick kisnorbo first, then the other 2 would have to fight it out. Its nice to see some1 at leicester who is making use of our set peices :thumbup:

i thought paddy mac was a bit shakey last night with some of his headers. he set up there first goal with a lame header, and he put them in a couple times more with the same thing.

competition is good thing to have, just adds a bit more motivation to perform.

The CB position is well endowed. :yesyes:

We have three good centre-backs, and a couple of others who can play there if required.

Pick any two of McAuley, McCarthy and Kisnorbo and you've got a solid centre-back pairing. :thumbup:

Not as well endowed as it was when Dublin played ;)

Stoke weren't some bunch of fairies. McCarthy migh6t have made an odd mistake - who didn't? - but everytime I noticed him he was stuck in there with 100% commitment and the determination that not one Stoke forward was ever going to get a comfortable moment and was never going to win a single ball without it made him wince.

Others contributed without a doubt but it was McCarthy carried the flag atop the redoubt and refused to let it fall.

Lot of players wouldn't be near a football pitch let alone playing centre-back where every ball hits your head so soon after a smashed nose and eyesocket.

It sounds corny but he was a real hero to me. And when you've got those sort of poeople in your team he can look anyone in the eyes and demand more of them.

If ever I needed a team to go overland to the Arctic McCarthy would be worth a phone call. Nothing would beat him and he'd never quit. A Fox personified...and I was bloody proud of him. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Archived