Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Kelly goes retro

Robert Kelly has clearly gone retro and reverted back to exactly the same sort of pathetically shitty, defence dominated, totally uninspiring and unimaginative line up that gave our season such an unnecessarily shocking start.

Our tactics remain predictable, our youngsters are mainly sidelined or out on loan, there's been no repairs to our woeful midfield and our team appears no further forward in its style and shape than it was at the end of last season.

That it isn't necessary was demonstrated at least by the commitment to attack in the closing stages today but when you sail so close to the wind it's not long before a big gust catches you unawares and we've had that alright.

Never mind eh. Doddsy scored his third in four games for Northwich with a last minute winner. The Academy kids won 4-0 with a half-strength team thanks to goals from Chambers and most of em will doubtless enjoy sitting on the bench and being shown how to play when the first team are next at home.

Me, I'm bloody glad I didn't go to Sheffield and have to witness that sort of voluntary capitulation - until it was too late to matter.

I honestly wish Steve Beaglehole was our manager. I'd know which way the team would be pointed and that every effort would be made to take the game down the attacking end and keep it there. Just like the Sheffield strikers, our players would be closely supported and would have competence in every department.

All we've really got right now is determination - and it sounded like even that was lacking at times today. But it's not enough anyway without some craft.

It was an utterly stupid line up, no place for Hammond, Porter or even Sylla on either wing, Stearman out of position, Johnson in the holding role... utterly stupid IMHO!

How could RK not have learnt from Luton, Burnley and England's oh so memorable match against Croatia... it's not rock-science... if you want to score and carry the game into the opponants half you need agressive, offensivley minded players in the mid-field, the closest we got was Hughes.

Should have put Tiatto in the centre with Hughes, Sylla on the right and Welsh/Porter or Hammond on the left... wouldnt have been perfect but it would have created somthing at least!

I honestly wish Steve Beaglehole was our manager. I'd know which way the team would be pointed and that every effort would be made to take the game down the attacking end and keep it there. Just like the Sheffield strikers, our players would be closely supported and would have competence in every department.

Right now, so do I :)

All we've really got right now is determination - and it sounded like even that was lacking at times today. But it's not enough anyway without some craft.

Determination was lacking most of the time today. Confidence was at an all time low as well.

:(

With any luck you'll get Marcus Bent on any time with an alternative point of view. For the moment he's just keeping it between he and I but I'm sure he'll elaborate.

Indeed, so enamoured is he with RK's general performance, that he'd rather like me banned for expressing a contrary point of view.

So be careful how you put things.

With any luck you'll get Marcus Bent on any time with an alternative point of view. For the moment he's just keeping it between he and I but I'm sure he'll elaborate.

Indeed, so enamoured is he with RK's general performance, that he'd rather like me banned for expressing a contrary point of view.

So be careful how you put things.

Eh marcus bent... the same one who use to give us inside info????

Is he still about then?

Eh marcus bent... the same one who use to give us inside info????

Is he still about then?

He's not showing his face outside the personal message board since I suggested he might be personally connected with the club...but I feel sure he will do soon.

He's not showing his face outside the personal message board since I suggested he might be personally connected with the club...but I feel sure he will do soon.

He is personally connected, his Dad was John Holmes I believe. It was so long ago I can't remember exactly, maybe one of the others can remember????

He is personally connected, his Dad was John Holmes I believe. It was so long ago I can't remember exactly, maybe one of the others can remember????

Well when I fired the bullet I never expected it would pass so close to the mark. If you mean the ex-county FA secretary John Holmes I remember John Holmes like it was yesterday. And if Marcus is his son the vitriol doesn't surprise me at all.

Archived