lookwhaticando Posted 19 November 2006 Author Posted 19 November 2006 Well, it would be if you had all of the bits you mention. Good luck getting that stuff on Monday! PS: Do you not have 24/7 access to the labs? The department usually shuts up shop at night. There's too many buildings for the security staff to keep tabs on overnight - so just about everything is locked up after 9 with a few buildings remaining open til 11. Since the mathematics department is hardly one of the biggest departments, they see no need to be open too late.
cisono Posted 19 November 2006 Posted 19 November 2006 The department usually shuts up shop at night. There's too many buildings for the security staff to keep tabs on overnight - so just about everything is locked up after 9 with a few buildings remaining open til 11. Since the mathematics department is hardly one of the biggest departments, they see no need to be open too late. Here it is (or was) common to have 24/7 access, which is nice. (Just in case you need it)
Daggers Posted 19 November 2006 Posted 19 November 2006 Since the mathematics department is hardly one of the biggest departments, they see no need to be open too late. I say, it sounds like the Maths department need to improve their numbers, what?! *wind whistles* *tumbleweed rolls by*
lookwhaticando Posted 20 November 2006 Author Posted 20 November 2006 I say, it sounds like the Maths department need to improve their numbers, what?! *wind whistles* *tumbleweed rolls by* Taxi!
cisono Posted 20 November 2006 Posted 20 November 2006 I say, it sounds like the Maths department need to improve their numbers, what?! Yes, but, the looker lives in Canada... more countryside than people... isn't that the case?
lookwhaticando Posted 20 November 2006 Author Posted 20 November 2006 Yes, but, the looker lives in Canada... more countryside than people... isn't that the case? Something like 95% of the habitable land-mass isn't habitated. I know, I know, it's not a real word...
lookwhaticando Posted 20 November 2006 Author Posted 20 November 2006 It's definitely is a real word. The spell-checker function in FireFox 2.0 isn't as clever as I'd thought then. That's disappointing. PS: You fluffed the grammar there.
Guest Posted 20 November 2006 Posted 20 November 2006 The spell-checker function in FireFox 2.0 isn't as clever as I'd thought then. That's disappointing. PS: You fluffed the grammar there. No, I was playing on the last part of your previous post. Pehaps I am far too devious?
lookwhaticando Posted 20 November 2006 Author Posted 20 November 2006 No, I was playing on the last part of your previous post. Pehaps I am far too devious? Silly me. That's what I get for seeking out mistakes too much.
Guest Posted 20 November 2006 Posted 20 November 2006 Silly me. That's what I get for seeking out mistakes too much. You either have it or you don't.
cisono Posted 21 November 2006 Posted 21 November 2006 Something like 95% of the habitable land-mass isn't habitated. I know, I know, it's not a real word... That is a weird one. We usually say (in)habitable, don't we... But even Firefox can only come across about 900 instances of "habitate" (and most seem misspellings of "habitat").
lookwhaticando Posted 1 December 2006 Author Posted 1 December 2006 Working on my final assault of this sucker. Target is to be done: soon. I've got a Stats assignment due in on Monday, so that needs attending to also. I have this sucker to hand in on Tuesday, so it needs to be done quickly. I have a final exam on Wednesday, so I need time to study for it. Hence the important of successful completion of these essays and assignments in the quickest possible time.
lookwhaticando Posted 1 December 2006 Author Posted 1 December 2006 Thirty pages completed. 11,917 words typed. Nowhere near finished in terms of content. Tomorrow is the day of The Final Push - I'm giving it all I've got tomorrow, thanks to my Astronomy class ending last week, I have all day to take this bastard down. Bring it on!
cisono Posted 1 December 2006 Posted 1 December 2006 Thirty pages completed. 11,917 words typed. Nowhere near finished in terms of content. Tomorrow is the day of The Final Push - I'm giving it all I've got tomorrow, thanks to my Astronomy class ending last week, I have all day to take this bastard down. Bring it on! Tomorrow? Is there no footie tomorrow?
lookwhaticando Posted 1 December 2006 Author Posted 1 December 2006 Tomorrow? Is there no footie tomorrow? Well 'tomorrow' meant 'today' by the time I had written it. (1am)
cisono Posted 1 December 2006 Posted 1 December 2006 Well 'tomorrow' meant 'today' by the time I had written it. (1am) Aaah so you're nearly finished now?!?!
lookwhaticando Posted 1 December 2006 Author Posted 1 December 2006 Aaah so you're nearly finished now?!?! Nope. It's a work in progress at the minute.
cisono Posted 1 December 2006 Posted 1 December 2006 Nope. It's a work in progress at the minute. Get on with it. Complete the parts that you have not addressed. (Unlike some of my colleagues who missed out whole questions without realising )
lookwhaticando Posted 1 December 2006 Author Posted 1 December 2006 Get on with it. Complete the parts that you have not addressed. (Unlike some of my colleagues who missed out whole questions without realising ) Don't worry, I will. I'm not that thick.
cisono Posted 1 December 2006 Posted 1 December 2006 Don't worry, I will. I'm not that thick. Of course not . But people tend to do that when they are tired... (from working too much/hard/for too long... or from other pursuits )
lookwhaticando Posted 1 December 2006 Author Posted 1 December 2006 Of course not . But people tend to do that when they are tired... (from working too much/hard/for too long... or from other pursuits ) I'm up for it. 35 pages typed. 13,274 words. 83,203 characters. 1,365 lines. 144 paragraphs. Still going.
Stuliasz Posted 1 December 2006 Posted 1 December 2006 Keep going LWICD. I handed mine in on Thursday and it feels like such a weight off my back. 25 pages, around 7500 words in total.
lookwhaticando Posted 1 December 2006 Author Posted 1 December 2006 Keep going LWICD. I handed mine in on Thursday and it feels like such a weight off my back. 25 pages, around 7500 words in total. This one's a monster, it's not dead yet. Don't worry though, I'm giving it my all. It's not the greatest of economics papers, but it should be well worth a passing grade at least. Then I just need to clear the final examination hurdle and that's another credit in the bag. PS: I hope that arse of a TA hasn't wrecked your grade at all. <_<
lookwhaticando Posted 2 December 2006 Author Posted 2 December 2006 Because I know you're all dying to know, here's the vital statistics about the paper I have just commenced the printing of. 42 Pages. 14,862 words. 94,289 characters. 1,596 lines. 210 paragraphs. *phew*
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.