Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Jay Smedley @ Eastwood Town FC

This was brought to my attention by a fellow who hasn't posted anything at all yet on the forums.

But I've checked it out, and Eastwood Town FC (who play in the UniBond League) do indeed have a lad called Jay Smedley on their books - a 19 year old former Leicester City trainee. Scored on his debut against Leek Town, so his profile says.

Eastwood Town FC.

Click 'Profiles' on the left,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link to page 3.

Scroll down to the bottom again and there's a this little piece about Jay Smedley.

Jay Smedley

Right sided defender. Made 1st team debut v Leek Town. Still only 19, Jay was a trainee at Leicester City, and was awarded a squad number by the Foxes two seasons ago

Does anyone know any more about this 'development'? It's hard to tell if it's a loan or if he's gone for good because he still has a profile on our OS. :blink:

Perhaps JBF knows more?

Anyone seen the lad, any thoughts opinions of him?

Such a massive gap from reserve football to first team!!!

Thrac seems to think there is some mass conspiracy to stop bringing youngsters through!

Simple fact is, if they are good enough, which most aren't they will break through!

Smedley Wasn't!

I should actually point out Thracian didn't actually say Jay Smedley was amazing once, I was pissing about.

Such a massive gap from reserve football to first team!!!

Thrac seems to think there is some mass conspiracy to stop bringing youngsters through!

Simple fact is, if they are good enough, which most aren't they will break through!

Smedley Wasn't!

You shouldn't believe everything Manwell tells you. :D

And I don't think there's a conspiracy.

I know. I was talking more about the likes of King, Gradel and Mattock who he would have you belive are world beaters!

In the short time frame, I ve followed the comments, he only mentioned them as alternatives to other players not performing. Besides yours is a pointless comment

I know. I was talking more about the likes of King, Gradel and Mattock who he would have you belive are world beaters!

I don't believe anyone at Leicester City is a world beater. But Gradel has scored something like 25 goals from right wing since last Christmas compared to his first team rivals' none.

Andy King is still learning but his total strikes on goal per match is more - every week - than our midfielders have collectively in a month. He might miss some chances he should score but he has the ability to ghost in from midfield. He can also head the ball and pass the ball. All qualities we badly lack in places.

Joe Mattock can be surly, reactionary, can make mistakes but he is one in-your-face, fit, strong, full-back who fairly loves to join an attack and has the skill to make a big contribution.

In a perfect world I'd argue all three need more rounding but Leicester's team right now doesn't represent a perfect world. I've suggested one or two them should be given the chance to help improve things, that's all.

Is there anyone playing more consistently in our team than Levi? Well he was playing alongside these lads last season. It's impossible to compare Levi with the three mentioned because they all do completely different jobs. But I imagine Levi well liked playing with all three as team-mates.

Cos they sure made his life as a creative midfielder a lot easier. And Levi would doubtless given much for some of Gradel's or Kingy's, or even Doddsy's goals. Cos Dodds was in that side too, feeding off Porter and friends like a starving dog at an abattoir.

Archived