Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Rob Kelly must being absolutely gutted

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that you've forgotten the 4-2 win over Sheff Utd last season at the Walkers. Hammond scored in that one too :whistle::smile:

You're quite right and thanks for that - Elvis actually appeared took part in most of our best performances last season and a good few this - but my point remains that he could do with some home goals this season to boost his confidence still further.

Both the Spurs and Sheff Yoo games were games where we were given time and space, and we took advantage of this by playing a more open, passing game. Is it any coincidence that Elvis had good games?

Like I said elsewhere, hoofing the ball in a hit and hope fashion doesn't play to his strength (note the singular).

Both the Spurs and Sheff Yoo games were games where we were given time and space, and we took advantage of this by playing a more open, passing game. Is it any coincidence that Elvis had good games?

Like I said elsewhere, hoofing the ball in a hit and hope fashion doesn't play to his strength (note the singular).

Kelly has to help make the game open by playing people who can effectively spread the play and people who have to be taken seriously on the flanks.

The "hoof" is just a cop-out for limited players who find themselves having even more limited options.

It is not as if we have one single aerial player at the club and when we have had the tactic has been shown to be too easily nullified and only useful as an occasional option.

What makes me so frustrated is that we don't need to hoof. We do have people who can pass and move but they never seem to be used in tandem throughout the team.

You're a bit harsh on Hammond but he does need people around to help him find the space he needs to use his speed, strength and willingness to attack the box.

Ironically, Kelly could probably effect much of the change by simply removing any one of three players from his favoured team.

The three are Maybury, Hughes or Tiatto.

Only then might we get close to the balance you have so often talked about.

Partly that and partly because of Elvis's pace, the rest of the team think they can just hoof it anywhere and blame him if he doesn't reach it. The fans certainly do.

IMO

It's certainly a valid opinion.

Archived