Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Rob Kelly must being absolutely gutted

and not him.

Along pops Mandaric and we get scunnered 4-1, the players finally realise the YankeeSerb is coming in and serious so they dig in and put in a performance, knowing their future is definately on the line.

Kelly must feel really low tonight.

Apart from we were crap. :D

Ssssshhhh, lets not kill the joy of 3 points, eh?

Yes we were not very good again but despite the 'tactics' set out the players got on with it and conjured a result, I think today told us an awful lot, and it is as a few of us expected.

Whereabouts were you sitting Fez? Just making sure it weren't me lol

Do you either sound like OB from Hollyoaks or put on a ridiculous accent to make yourself sound like OB from Hollyoaks?

If the answer is no to both of these questions then you have nothing to worry about. :whistle:

Near the halfway line, fifth row.

Ssssshhhh, lets not kill the joy of 3 points, eh?

Yes we were not very good again but despite the 'tactics' set out the players got on with it and conjured a result, I think today told us an awful lot, and it is as a few of us expected.

from what I seen and people I spoke to who went to game the team didnt do anything extra over recent games to win other then be 'lucky' we had 2 shots on goal and scored them both, most other days wolves would have bagged the 3 points.

See me comments about the Wolves fans predictions here

We have to start using these situations to our benefit. We might be crap, but we are capable of a smash and grab at Molineux, and it's got to become part of the mentality. Perhaps this is why we hanker for the Little and especially the MON years. :dunno:

and not him.

Along pops Mandaric and we get scunnered 4-1, the players finally realise the YankeeSerb is coming in and serious so they dig in and put in a performance, knowing their future is definately on the line.

Kelly must feel really low tonight.

:rolleyes:

Don't just sit there rolling your eyes! Where's the One Win in a Row thread?! :P:thumbup:

I'm not going to bother, don't want to risk being called a "Rob Kelly bum boy", a "Rob Kelly apologist", "Happy Clapper", "t*at" etc.

All of which seem to be phrases used commonly against people whos opinions differ to those of the 'Slag off Kelly for everything, including the state of Africa brigade', .

;)

You should try it..... what happens is you sit there clapping all game, then go home with a smile on your face no matter what the result is.

On an unrelated note but which you may find amusing, the kid next to me spent the whole of the first half slagging off Elvis almost without pausing for breath. "Elvis, you're a disgrace man, you're rubbish, he's rubbish..." As soon as I mentioned to my Dad how Kelly shouting at Elvis wasn't going to turn him into Ronaldinho, this kid starts trying to slag Elvis off to me every time the ball went near him. Anyone who was there will know in that first half, the only service Elvis really got was hoofs where he was up against Craddock and Breen and there was only one winner - or Stearman's long balls out for a goal kick that gave him no chance.

Bang. Goal. Kid goes mad. "Du du du du Elvis Hammond".

The nerve of it! Brilliant.

On an unrelated note but which you may find amusing, the kid next to me spent the whole of the first half slagging off Elvis almost without pausing for breath. "Elvis, you're a disgrace man, you're rubbish, he's rubbish..." As soon as I mentioned to my Dad how Kelly shouting at Elvis wasn't going to turn him into Ronaldinho, this kid starts trying to slag Elvis off to me every time the ball went near him. Anyone who was there will know in that first half, the only service Elvis really got was hoofs where he was up against Craddock and Breen and there was only one winner - or Stearman's long balls out for a goal kick that gave him no chance.

:D

Same happened with De Vries against spurs, guy slagged him off all game (even though is was his best performance by a mile) popped up with the winner and the guy's like "I knew he'd do that, he has a real touch of class" :unsure:

:D

Same happened with De Vries against spurs, guy slagged him off all game (even though is was his best performance by a mile) popped up with the winner and the guy's like "I knew he'd do that, he has a real touch of class" :unsure:

Wait til Sylla scores for us. Well, ok, if he scores for us. The guy who sits behind Wils has absolutely no right to celebrate that goal whatsoever. :D

Funny you should mention that cos I did wonder about having a thread urging fans to try and give Elvis a lift.

I wonder if he senses City fans aren't convinced by him and gets tense or tries too hard because he has not scored at home all season and only scored once at the Walkers last season in a League match (QPR).

The other time he scored was against Spurs when he came on as sub with the match situation looking ominous. He had nothing to lose and lots to prove.

He always gives 100% effort but if we could help lift him mentally it just might get him scoring too.

That and Kelly finding ways of giving him more chances.

It was telling that the only time a decent through ball through the middle leads to a goal. The usual "let's hoof it and hope Elvis a) gets there first and b) controls it" tactic is still fruitless almost halfway through the season.

i'd like to see the points weve got when Elvis has started and when he hasnt. I have a sneeking suspicion that we have gained far more with him in the team. Like him or loathe him he offers something in pace that very few of our other attack minded players have.

i'd like to see the points weve got when Elvis has started and when he hasnt. I have a sneeking suspicion that we have gained far more with him in the team. Like him or loathe him he offers something in pace that very few of our other attack minded players have.

I can't be bothered to wade through every result but the three points yesterday, considering the goal difference, gave us an effective six points cushion above the bottom three which is much welcomed.

He certainly helped us get something out of nothing at Birmingham and his contribution (and Levi's) at Hereford probably ensured we got the most lucrative and exciting game of our season against Villa in the cup.

That said the problem remains - we have no shadow pairing.

When we started the season with our strikers I thought that, logically, two pairs would develop in tandem.

Instead we have a main pairing and three totally idle, non-match fit alternatives.

That is senseless to my mind.

Funny you should mention that cos I did wonder about having a thread urging fans to try and give Elvis a lift.

I wonder if he senses City fans aren't convinced by him and gets tense or tries too hard because he has not scored at home all season and only scored once at the Walkers last season in a League match (QPR).

The other time he scored was against Spurs when he came on as sub with the match situation looking ominous. He had nothing to lose and lots to prove.

He always gives 100% effort but if we could help lift him mentally it just might get him scoring too.

That and Kelly finding ways of giving him more chances.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that you've forgotten the 4-2 win over Sheff Utd last season at the Walkers. Hammond scored in that one too :whistle::smile:

Archived