Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

Your First Game

I think my first game was against Forest at the City Ground (my dad's a Forest Fan ( :mad: ) so we were sat in the Trent End). We lost 1-0 with a goal about 10 mins from the end, and all the Forest fans invaded the pitch afterwards. :cry:

That was the year Ron Atkinson got them relegated, so it weren't all bad. :D

I think my first game was against Forest at the City Ground (my dad's a Forest Fan ( :mad: ) so we were sat in the Trent End). We lost 1-0 with a goal about 10 mins from the end, and all the Forest fans invaded the pitch afterwards. :cry:

That was the year Ron Atkinson got them relegated, so it weren't all bad. :D

Scored by Chris Bart-Williams (played by Flavor Flav).

That was the last game of the season.

That's the one. I can just remember him scoring and all the Forest fans around me going mental, and me just sitting there all upset. :cry:

I went with a mate who is a big football fan (would be pro now IMO but broke his leg quite badly while he was playing for Northampton's Academy team and gave it up) but doesn't support a team (mentalist). He got quite involved by the end of that game.

That remains the only time I have ever offered out an opposition fan (we must have both been about 15, it would have been the worst fight ever).

Why, what happened?

Just some fat kid getting a bit lairy and me trying to look like a bit of hooligan in front of my mate, probably. It was a long time ago. I'm not particularly proud of it.

I was so close to going down in Baby Squad history.

(We were about 200 yards apart and he got distracted by one of their players getting flagged for offside or something).

70-71 - Sunderland away (0-0).

A few things I remember about that day.

1) The Roker end terrace was massive.

2) The weather was freezing cold, even in April!

3) There were VERY few City fans there (even though we were top of Div.2, and would stay there until the end of the season).

4) Rodney Fern had a goal disallowed.

5) The game was shockingly poor (the scoreline doesn't lie).

6) When I went back to my aunt's house, about a mile from the ground, the headline on the TV news was about Leeds fans invading the pitch while losing to West Brom (the defeat cost them the Div. 1 title and their ground was closed for FOUR games the following season).

Still hooked after all these years... :rolleyes:

Archived