Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

creating chances

personally i feel that we are trying to play to attractive football if that makes any sense (even though it is not happening)

for example look at the promotion season with mickey adams, we wernt exactly playing delightful one touch arsenal style play, but we were scoring goals and winning games.

What we need is 2 good wide players who will try and get the ball into the box quickly, and a striker who is good in the air to either go for goal or bring in players like hume, williams etc.

just my opinion, thoughts?

personally i feel that we are trying to play to attractive football if that makes any sense (even though it is not happening)

for example look at the promotion season with mickey adams, we wernt exactly playing delightful one touch arsenal style play, but we were scoring goals and winning games.

What we need is 2 good wide players who will try and get the ball into the box quickly, and a striker who is good in the air to either go for goal or bring in players like hume, williams etc.

just my opinion, thoughts?

When we got promoted we played hoof ball!!!! and that was it, it wasnt until we got into the prem and we got les ferdinand when we pumped the ball in the box. but i agree with you we do need a target man and if someone says de vreis i can give u a million and one reasons why he is not a target man :P and we need to get hughes and porter to cross from deep to this target man.

At the moment even if we had wingers who could attack the box any high crosses are wasted because the club has not a single attacker who can consistently win the ball in the air either at the front post, the back post or in the centre.

It is amazing really and it runs right through the club apart from King.

So our only logical way forward is Arsenal style with quick, probing passes to feet either from the flanks or from midfield. Trouble is we play so few players who can make probing passes, much less people of Arsenal's standard.

Hughes and Tiatto certainly don't. Neither does Nils or Alan Maybury. Up front I wouldn't call Hammond, Hume or Fryatt good passers.

So any approach is virtually bound to break down very quickly which is why we have strung together so few genuinely impressive moves which have led to goals throughout the whole of this season.

Put that simply, our shortcomings are extraordinary for a professional football club.

The other thing is that, right through the Academy teams, our players learn zonal marking, quick passing, close support and to attack in numbers. Yet when they get to the first team it is all different. Only the zonal marking remains.

The remainder is just a mess. Our general play is a mess, our balance is appalling, our off the ball movement is generally non existent and our set-pieces - such a vital source of potential goals - are as bad as everything else.

At the moment even if we had wingers who could attack the box any high crosses are wasted because the club has not a single attacker who can consistently win the ball in the air either at the front post, the back post or in the centre.

It is amazing really and it runs right through the club apart from King.

So our only logical way forward is Arsenal style with quick, probing passes to feet either from the flanks or from midfield. Trouble is we play so few players who can make probing passes, much less people of Arsenal's standard.

Hughes and Tiatto certainly don't. Neither does Nils or Alan Maybury. Up front I wouldn't call Hammond, Hume or Fryatt good passers.

So any approach is virtually bound to break down very quickly which is why we have strung together so few genuinely impressive moves which have led to goals throughout the whole of this season.

Put that simply, our shortcomings are extraordinary for a professional football club.

The other thing is that, right through the Academy teams, our players learn zonal marking, quick passing, close support and to attack in numbers. Yet when they get to the first team it is all different. Only the zonal marking remains.

The remainder is just a mess. Our general play is a mess, our balance is appalling, our off the ball movement is generally non existent and our set-pieces - such a vital source of potential goals - are as bad as everything else.

So well worth all the money we spend on them Thrac. :P

Archived