Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ForeverBlue

Chris Baird

I am not sure but Micky may have worked with him when he was younger, as he was part of the Southampton youth set-up. (claims to have spotted Wayne Bridge in a park <_< ).

I am not really sure on this one, we will have to wait and see.

Did well in the FA Cup Final for them but that's the only time I've seen him, don't think we need another full back though.

We need cover at right back. Makin has played left back in pre-season.

Makin can play right back though, that's where I've seen him play for Sunderland and Ipswich.

Kill two birds with one stone :D

Did well in the FA Cup Final for them but that's the only time I've seen him, don't think we need another full back though.

Makin can play right back though, that's where I've seen him play for Sunderland and Ipswich.

Kill two birds with one stone :D

I think the idea of sgning some players who actually play in a set position might be good. Last season we had lots of utility full backs- Davidson, Thatcher, Impey, Scimeca, Stewart and we never frealy got settled.

This season we have much of the same, Makin, Stewart, Wilcox, Canero none of whoim are really a right back or a left back, just players that can play there. Signing a solid right back who is used to the position is a good idea.

Basically I am against the 'two birds with one stone' philosophy. You end up with players like Benjamin and Scowcroft. <_<

Roberth Huth would not come to The Championship, pleny of premier sides would be interested. Glen Jonson likewise, even though Mourinho has stated he will play apart in the first team next season. Lets just say that Glen Jonson magically does get loaed out to a championship side, safe bet his destination would be West Ham.

Roberth Huth would not come to The Championship, pleny of premier sides would be interested. Glen Jonson likewise, even though Mourinho has stated he will play apart in the first team next season. Lets just say that Glen Jonson magically does get loaed out to a championship side, safe bet his destination would be West Ham.

they were both linked with ipswich, so why wont we have a chance of getting them. johnson wont get into the side now that ferreira is there, and huth has to beat gallas, and terry and another centre back they are signing to get in. anyway it wa sjsut a suggestion.

Guest Mark Pembridge

The Midlands is my home, i'd prefer to go back to Derby but they aren't keen. Adams impressed me immensly though, makes people my age feel very welcome and wanted. I have been offered the captaincy aslong as I don't ever mention the academy.

Guest Mark Pembridge
no its cuz your mark pembridge

Coleman wanted to me to stay, but my family wants to come back to the midlands and Fulham are on the verge of signing a third central midfielder this season and why would I want to stay in the reserves with your old hacker McKinlay. Cracking chap, but i'm embarrassed that Fulham signed him. I think I will win you lot over, by the way how do you register on this site?

You're only 32 - That's quite young for us. ;)

As for Baird - I've only seen him a few times, and he seems decent enough. I think he was at Walsall on loan last season, and possibly another club, so I could see this one happening.....

Guest Mark Pembridge
You're only 32 - That's quite young for us.  ;)

As for Baird - I've only seen him a few times, and he seems decent enough. I think he was at Walsall on loan last season, and possibly another club, so I could see this one happening.....

I feel older than that though! hahaaa not really, i'm in good shape and age doesn't really matter if your good enough. I am looking forward to partnering Gareth Williams, Everton nearly signed him when I was up north. I have played against him once or twice before and his passing ability is awesome, with my tough tackling and lethal free-kick we should be solid in the middle. It's nice to see we have got Tiatto aswell, it will take the pressure off me a little bit too.

I was down at the training ground yesterday, there's some good youngsters down there. I hear you lot rave about this finnish lad? I'll keep an eye out for him, I only saw him for ten mins yesterday and he was alot more energetic than the rest of them.

Can you please refrain from any Derby songs please towards me, I am off the sheep now. I've been clean for several years.

Guest Mark Pembridge
Mate it would eb nice if you were Mark Pembridge but i honestly don't think you are and all the decent youngsters are in scotland

There was still a fair few knocking about, that finnish lad was there. Why has he been left behind if he's really good? I've not actually met Micky yet, all been done over the phone. I know Dave Bassett and Leicester's new goalkeeping coach Alan.

Guest Mark Pembridge
Okay good luck to you although you will have to fight for your first team place. Do you know who else is coming?

I am not really in a position to tell you as i've still got to pass a medical and tie up loose ends, but Micky has stressed that there is atleast another 2 or 3 players to come. One bit of info I can give you is that he has been speaking to contacts abroad, other than that I know as much as you lot do. My wife is excited about moving back to the midlands, she is up there at the minute looking for potential properties. I'm stuck at home with the kids, McDonald's tonight then!!

Archived