Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

When Fryatt returns ....

When Fryatt returns, I think we should play Hume behind Fryatt and Horsfield. Hughes had the chance to make the attacking central position his own yesterday and by all accounts he had a poor match. Hume would be playing in his more favoured position while it shows Leicester's attacking intent. However after Kelly's bizarre statement we're only looking for a point a match, I doubt he would so forward-thinking.

When Fryatt returns, I think we should play Hume behind Fryatt and Horsfield. Hughes had the chance to make the attacking central position his own yesterday and by all accounts he had a poor match. Hume would be playing in his more favoured position while it shows Leicester's attacking intent. However after Kelly's bizarre statement we're only looking for a point a match, I doubt he would so forward-thinking.

That statement has been over analysed and lost its original sense. Most coaches use it to take pressure off players making them less nervous, but if anything they need to panic and get a grip of the situation. Given that I'd play whoever is the best at finishing a game. Fryatt might as well use this season to study the Horse

We'll still not be able to score many and will continue to draw/lose games, not because of the players, although they aren't brilliant but because of our approach, our lack of belief. Our games are lost in the dressing room.

We'll still not be able to score many and will continue to draw/lose games, not because of the players, although they aren't brilliant but because of our approach, our lack of belief. Our games are lost in the dressing room.

100% agree. How the kop can still sing 'walking in a Kelly wonderland' is beyond me.

I think its time for another 'Kelly out' comment.

Kelly out.

Hughes was played as the defensive midfielder yesterday with Johnson filing Williams' role. He looked either not fit through injury or picked up an injury. It would indeed be interesting to see him as the attacking midfield player. I think yesterday we were down to walking injured having to play.

Do you think its RK who doesnt give them the belief or simply that its lack of confidence?

I`m unsure of why they are under-perfoming but a big factor must be the constant changing of the team and playing players not in there favourite positions. The team needs one decent result to kick start things again but it needs to happen soon.

As for Fryatt, I cant see him starting too many games if the Horse plays. Horsfield isnt match fit so needs to play to get fitter and I cant see both himself and Matty up front unless we want to play route one football. Hume could play in an attacking midfield role IMO and he would offer a big danger with his long range shots than Hughes and the other midfielders but I cant see RK being so bold.

Do you think its RK who doesnt give them the belief or simply that its lack of confidence?

I`m unsure of why they are under-perfoming but a big factor must be the constant changing of the team and playing players not in there favourite positions. The team needs one decent result to kick start things again but it needs to happen soon.

As for Fryatt, I cant see him starting too many games if the Horse plays. Horsfield isnt match fit so needs to play to get fitter and I cant see both himself and Matty up front unless we want to play route one football. Hume could play in an attacking midfield role IMO and he would offer a big danger with his long range shots than Hughes and the other midfielders but I cant see RK being so bold.

Once again it points to 4-3-3 or a variation as being our best option. But, without a radical rethink I just cannot see how our defence and midfield will supply and support our perfectly adequate forwards. And you just can't imagine a rethink.

Until our manager and our fans face facts and take the chains off our team it will not develop. You cannot play two negative midfielders and you cannot play slow, non-supporting defenders. And every week we try only emphasises the point over again.

At least seven, probably eight players in your team need to have speed, strength and passing ability. We don't get close to that.

But we could do it, and do it well. Stearman could add pace at centre-back with Kisnorbo and support a midfield of Hume/King, Porter, Tiatto.

With Maybury and Mattock/Sheehan at full-back we would suddenly have that pace and support to help Hammond, Horsfield and Fryatt up front.

That would be a brilliantly positive side compared to our present pitiful offering.

But no - we will soldier on in the same blinkered way. with too many slowcoaches and too little flair or effect.

Once again it points to 4-3-3 or a variation as being our best option. But, without a radical rethink I just cannot see how our defence and midfield will supply and support our perfectly adequate forwards. And you just can't imagine a rethink.

Until our manager and our fans face facts and take the chains off our team it will not develop. You cannot play two negative midfielders and you cannot play slow, non-supporting defenders. And every week we try only emphasises the point over again.

At least seven, probably eight players in your team need to have speed, strength and passing ability. We don't get close to that.

But we could do it, and do it well. Stearman could add pace at centre-back with Kisnorbo and support a midfield of Hume/King, Porter, Tiatto.

With Maybury and Mattock/Sheehan at fukll-back we would suddenly have that pace and support to help Hammond, Horsfield and Fryatt up front.

That would be a brilliantly positive side compared to our present pitiful offering.

But no - we will soldier on in the same blinkered way. with too many slowcoaches and too little flair or effect.

I`m not suggesting that you are wrong on what formation we should play, simply because we havent tried it and it hasnt failed but the thing is that RK hasnt got the balls to be brave now as he not only is trying to keep us up for the club, he knows full well that if we dont get results thats him for the chop. Maybe he should take the next 5 games to be pro-active in his team selections and more adventerous because MM, if he comes in, cant be too impressed with what he has seen thus far.

I`m not suggesting that you are wrong on what formation we should play, simply because we havent tried it and it hasnt failed but the thing is that RK hasnt got the balls to be brave now as he not only is trying to keep us up for the club, he knows full well that if we dont get results thats him for the chop. Maybe he should take the next 5 games to be pro-active in his team selections and more adventerous because MM, if he comes in, cant be too impressed with what he has seen thus far.

I would if I were him cos if he makes Mandaric witness that shit very often he'll be out in no time.

One thing you know with MM is that he's positive.

Portsmouth have been positive.

I cannot believe he'd have done anything but wince at what he saw yesterday.

I would if I were him cos if he makes Mandaric witness that shit very often he'll be out in no time.

One thing you know with MM is that he's positive.

Portsmouth have been positive.

I cannot believe he'd have done anything but wince at what he saw yesterday.

Probably but then again he did witness us compete well against premiership opposition in the cups and also heard the fans at their best during these games. He probably thinks we only need a bit of tinkering lol.

I agree that RK has got to do something but he may think he has done that by bringing in the loanees, picking AJ and the Horse as more robust players and giving Yeates a debut. I hope I am wrong but he just seems to be churning out the same rubbish and he neither knows his best team or a different formation.

Archived