Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
day breaks but night falls

What about...

I think its a bit unfair to talk about new managers coming in when Rob Kelly has turned things around in the way that he has. Just look at the thread where people predicted what we'd get from the next 5 games and you can see that Rob's got us doing ok once more.

We've won the last three games, without conceeding a goal and these three games have not been easy:

Ipswich away - 19 years without a win at Portman Road and Rob leads us to 3 points

Coventry - local derby so always a little tough

Burnley away - our bogey team and we get three points

Lets stop talking about new managers for a bit and enjoy this run with Rob Kelly in charge!

Can't knock his experience as a player.

Five promotions as player (two with us), two league cup wins (one with us). :ph34r:

His win-rate is similar to Rob Kelly's - at 36.4% (P 66, W 24, L 19, D 23) - 1.44 points per game. Not too shabby. (RK has 1.42 pts/game at present with a win rate of 38.1%... just for reference).

He's at a lower level, though. Bit premature... it's a bit like bigging up Paul Ince at this stage.

Although Simon's managed more games than RK. :P

Can't knock his experience as a player.

Five promotions as player (two with us), two league cup wins (one with us). :ph34r:

His win-rate is similar to Rob Kelly's - at 36.4% (P 66, W 24, L 19, D 23) - 1.44 points per game. Not too shabby. (RK has 1.42 pts/game at present with a win rate of 38.1%... just for reference).

He's at a lower level, though. Bit premature... it's a bit like bigging up Paul Ince at this stage.

Although Simon's managed more games than RK. :P

It would be nice to think that an ex-player would return to guide us to the promised land but Grayson isnt ready IMO for us quite yet.

If were looking for an up and coming manager to take us forward as some people ave suggested, what about Mr Simon Grayson, :dunno: overachieving with blackpool on a shoestring budget, tiny squad and three sided stadium.

Also he has the ex-Leicester factor, which is obviously a massive factor in the magerial interviews

Went to see Forest v Blackpool last night with my dad (F*rest fan :rolleyes: ). He's got them playing some good football, they passed it around nicely and looked pretty useful going forward. Thought they were very unlucky not to win last night. From what I saw, he seems to be a good manager, could well be worth a gamble.

Also thought their left winger, Wes Hoolahan, looks a decent player. Similar to Levi but he's more direct when he's running forward with the ball. Another one who could be worth a gamble.

Went to see Forest v Blackpool last night with my dad (F*rest fan :rolleyes: ). He's got them playing some good football, they passed it around nicely and looked pretty useful going forward. Thought they were very unlucky not to win last night. From what I saw, he seems to be a good manager, could well be worth a gamble.

Also thought their left winger, Wes Hoolahan, looks a decent player. Similar to Levi but he's more direct when he's running forward with the ball. Another one who could be worth a gamble.

lol I thought I was in the minority! My old man is a Forest fan too! Good to see that they only drew yesterday. Lets hope they continue there average results and stay down.

lol I thought I was in the minority! My old man is a Forest fan too! Good to see that they only drew yesterday. Lets hope they continue there average results and stay down.

Is he always harping on about how they won some trophy or other about 30 years ago like mine does? lol

If were looking for an up and coming manager to take us forward as some people ave suggested, what about Mr Simon Grayson, :dunno: overachieving with blackpool on a shoestring budget, tiny squad and three sided stadium.

Also he has the ex-Leicester factor, which is obviously a massive factor in the magerial interviews

Shoestring budget ? Valeri Belokon a Latvian multi - millionaire has just bought into Blackpool. Hence all the new signings.

I think its a bit unfair to talk about new managers coming in when Rob Kelly has turned things around in the way that he has. Just look at the thread where people predicted what we'd get from the next 5 games and you can see that Rob's got us doing ok once more.

We've won the last three games, without conceeding a goal and these three games have not been easy:

Ipswich away - 19 years without a win at Portman Road and Rob leads us to 3 points

Coventry - local derby so always a little tough

Burnley away - our bogey team and we get three points

Lets stop talking about new managers for a bit and enjoy this run with Rob Kelly in charge!

Careful Syston, I got a right drubbing for defending RK in another thread, got called a muppet, was told I knew nothing about football, was making "joke" posts etc, Am with you 100% by the way ! let`s start deciding who we would like as manager IF and when we actually need one.

Archived