Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Glen_lcfc

Player Ratings - Burnley

We have no chance of winning 4-0 against West Brom without playing a high-standard of football.

And there wasn't even five minutes of high standard football from Leicester at Burnley, but worse, there was no attempt or intent to play high standard football.

I paid a considerable sum of money to see a football match - not a blatant 90-minute exercise in spoiling tactics.

If Kelly thinks he can rob me and elicit praise for it because he chanced to steal three points, he's wrong.

So for all your moaning week in week out about Kelly, his tactics, his signings, his chosen men, his lack of academy players, why oh why did you go to Burnley on a Tuesday night? Why did you go to the ground where we haven't performed for years? Why did you go to see us play against one of the dourest teams in the league?

I suggest that it was to fuel your bitterness.

Most of us who were there saw the game for what it was and as RK said scarpered back with the points.

And before you pull the soapbox out, yes, i'd have preferred us to play like Brazil and attacked them off the park but, and this is where many of us differ from you, I'll take the three points and win ugly at the moment. Unlike you, I have never rathered that we lose.

So for all your moaning week in week out about Kelly, his tactics, his signings, his chosen men, his lack of academy players, why oh why did you go to Burnley on a Tuesday night? Why did you go to the ground where we haven't performed for years? Why did you go to see us play against one of the dourest teams in the league?

Most of us who were there saw the game for what it was and as RK said scarpered back with the points.

And before you pull the soapbox out, yes, i'd have preferred us to play like Brazil and attacked them off the park but, and this is where many of us differ from you, I'll take the three points and win ugly at the moment. Unlike you, I have never rathered that we lose.

Burnley were far from dour on Tuesday, as for that title I've think we've nicked it off them. :P

As for winning ugly at this moment, when doe's it become unacceptable because I've heard it used by teams heading for the play-offs, teams heading for auto promotion, teams trying to stay in the Premier League. They all say that, and those are positions we are aspiring to.

If I thought losing would make us put an end to such a negative and ultimately hopeless way of approaching our fotball it would be a small price to pay.

And if victory is going to help encourage and preserve such an approach then it is doing a disservice to the club long term.

If we are going to be successful we have to change it's that simple.

And if you believe you somehow do the club proud by supporting such an approach then you're misguided.

Every club has its needs but there is a broader responsibility to the game which far too many managers ignore. We didn't just ignore it at Burnley we put two fingers up at it.

In fact there are quite a lot of people who recognise we won't get anywhere with the simply hard to-beat but unexpansive, safety-first football we play far too often now and would welcome a more attacking approach.

Hullfox and Ultra will always be in an opposite corner - whatever the subject.

Archived