Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Glen_lcfc

Player Ratings - Burnley

Henderson 8 - helped keep us in the game with some good blocks - kicking STILL suspect though

Maybury 6 - Not as good as his last two times out - looked tired

Johansson 8 - Solid

Kisnorbo 8 - good performance

McAuley 9 - turning out to be a great player.

Yeates 7- Not in the game enough

Porter 8- Had chances to score but generally another typically good performance

Johnson 8 - Strongest player in the team today and boy was his presence required.

Jarrett 7 Didnt see too much of the ball but looked far more comfatable today

Hume 7 - only one shot of any note in a game not for strikers!

Horse 9.5 - Storming game should have had 2 goals if not more and offered such a lot in attack

Elvis 0 - Doesn't care, Doesn't win anything, Doesn't offer anything - should be sacked for incompetance

Not a great game to watch really with little goal mouth action and a very scrappy/lucky goal. rode our luck big style in the closing stages and did that annoying thing where all 11 players are defending in the box and there was no one to clear to! But well done.

Travelling Blue army was good, quite a few made the journey and once the Steward got bored of telling the 5 of us who wanted to stand to sit down the atmosphere began properly and progressed steadily till the final whistle when we were in full voice. Lots of Flask Brigaders though! :P

Henderson 8 - helped keep us in the game with some good blocks - kicking STILL suspect though

Maybury 6 - Not as good as his last two times out - looked tired

Johansson 8 - Solid

Kisnorbo 8 - good performance

McAuley 9 - turning out to be a great player.

Yeates 7- Not in the game enough

Porter 8- Had chances to score but generally another typically good performance

Johnson 8 - Strongest player in the team today and boy was his presence required.

Jarrett 7 Didnt see too much of the ball but looked far more comfatable today

Hume 7 - only one shot of any note in a game not for strikers!

Horse 9.5 - Storming game should have had 2 goals if not more and offered such a lot in attack

Elvis 0 - Doesn't care, Doesn't win anything, Doesn't offer anything - should be sacked for incompetance

Not a great game to watch really with little goal mouth action and a very scrappy/lucky goal. rode our luck big style in the closing stages and did that annoying thing where all 11 players are defending in the box and there was no one to clear to! But well done.

Travelling Blue army was good, quite a few made the journey and once the Steward got bored of telling the 5 of us who wanted to stand to sit down the atmosphere began properly and progressed steadily till the final whistle when we were in full voice. Lots of Flask Brigaders though! :P

Barber said he was causing them problems when he came on :ph34r:

Henderson 8 (Another extraordinary clean sheet. Must have felt like a fairground target on the rifle stall)

Maybury 7.5 (Tried to play football from defence. Failed miserably to find anyone to join him except Hughes later on)

Kisnorbo 7 (Valiant winner of one of the luckiest clean sheets ever seen in a city shirt)

McAuley 7 (Mostly dominant but left for dead in the air, like Kissa, on a couple of occasions)

Nils 7 (Burnley rained crosses from Nils side rather like bombs o London in the blitz but still the bastion stood firm.

Yeates 5 (One early burst of electrical excitement and that was about that)

Johnson 4 (Driving midfield player?. More like damp squid. Porter laid him a square pass once anticipating a three or four metre advance but Johnson hadn't moved forward an inch - and never intended too. Anonymous and ineffective the whole night. No energy, no drive, no creativity, we were destroyed in midfeld).

Jarrett 5 (Huffed and puffed occasionally but in the manner of a shunter not an express)

Porter 6 (Made the panic for the goal which gave us three points. Rarely got a worthwhile pass and had no passing and moving around him whatsoev er from our team.

Hume 6 (Effort without effect)

Horsfield 5 (inconsequential)

Sub: Hughes 7 (several clever, probing passes almost gave Hammond a goal)

Hammond 6 (caused more panic in Burnley defnce in his short appearance than anyone else in the whole game. Loosely involved in the own goal which was as shoddy as the days performance.

Kelly's contribution: 0 (I won't condone that sort of football from anyone or for any reason, win or not)

Your MOTMs are Henderson or Maybury.

That's a turn up for the books... not because it's from your mind/keyboard... just in general... Maybury's not the kind of player you expect people to rate as an 8... more a steady 6 or 7.

If you see what I'm getting at.

In fairness, in my opinion, based on the commentary... Thracian's ratings are closer to reality. How we can have so many 7s and 8s when the fact of the matter is we sounded all over the placed, constantly hemmed in our own half (third!?) of the pitch and with little or no effect going forward... beggars belief. :ph34r:

Judging by what I heard, my interpretation is that something was seriously amiss in the middle of the park for us to be pegged back all the time. It's not for me to rate the players though, as I didn't see them in action. I eagerly await the opinions of those who saw the players... we'll soon find out if the three points has seriously misted our fans' eyesight or not. ;):P:D

As I said... just my interpretation of the game courtesy of Radio Leicester commentary. I anticipate a vicious verbal attack for trying to interpret anything heard on Radio Leicester... especially from the mouth of Jon 'Pedro Mendes has scored for PSV' Barber. lol

Kelly's contribution: 0 (I won't condone that sort of football from anyone or for any reason, win or not)

You have to grind results out, winning 1-0 and playing badly is a good sign. Teams who can do that get out of this division.

Henderson 7 - Only because of two fine saves. His kicking was shit.

Maybury 5.5 - Beaten every time by his man.

Kisnorbo 7 - Solid enough

McAuley 7 - Soild enough

Nils 6 - Slightly better than Maybes, at least he put in some solid tackles.

Yeates 5 - Ineffective tonight

Johnson 5 - Like everyone was dragged in too deep but made some telling tackles

Jarrett 5 - Great energy once more but overall a bad day at the office

Porter 4 - Don't be fooled, he was shocking tonight but in good company. He looked as though he was trying to hide a lot of the time. Burnley had his card well and truly marked.

Hume 7 - As our first line of defence he helped by not starting too deep. Always a handful without ever threatening seriously.

Horsfield 6 - Looked like an old player who had ran himself into the ground three days earlier. Showed some good leadership at times.

Sub: Hughes 6 - Tried to be different by switching play but soon brought himself down to the standards of the rest.

Hammond 4 - Stormed off at the end because of the rollickings he got from others. When our backs were against the wall in the last part of the game, his positional awareness and running off the ball were non existent.

As for Kelly, read his comments about scarpering back down the motorway with the points. He knows we were bad but how many times has this happened to us at home? The match thread on here slated him for taking off Hume but we won and at this stage of the season I'll take an ugly win to set us up for the better things to come under MM.

As for the crowd - where were the Ultras?

And, believe it or not, the refrain of "Small town near Blackpool" could actually be heard.

And some on here moan about others not joining in.........

We all know how difficult Burnley are to beat at Turfmoor, in fact I think this may be the 1st time we have beaten them since being back in the championship. It was a scrappy game by the sounds of it & certainly not one that we will remember, but a win's a win as already said & that's 3 wins in 3 games.

We all know how difficult Burnley are to beat at Turfmoor, in fact I think this may be the 1st time we have beaten them since being back in the championship. It was a scrappy game by the sounds of it & certainly not one that we will remember, but a win's a win as already said & that's 3 wins in 3 games.

yes agreed ; even taggs said on RL that it was sometimes essential to grind out these results and anyone with long enough memories will recall that Leicester were quite often referred to as "grinders" under MON

Henderson 7

Maybury 6

Kisnorbo 7

McAuley 7

Nils 6

Yeates 4

Johnson 4

Jarrett 4

Porter 5

Hume 5

Horsfield 4

Sub:

Hughes 5

Hammond 5

Another diabolical game that wasn't worth the entrance fee, never mind the 6 hours getting there and back. We had absolutely no intention of taking the game to a team that hadn't won for 14 games FF - I feel cheated. :angry::angry::angry:

Henderson 8 (Another extraordinary clean sheet. Must have felt like a fairground target on the rifle stall)

Maybury 7.5 (Tried to play football from defence. Failed miserably to find anyone to join him except Hughes later on)

Kisnorbo 7 (Valiant winner of one of the luckiest clean sheets ever seen in a city shirt)

McAuley 7 (Mostly dominant but left for dead in the air, like Kissa, on a couple of occasions)

Nils 7 (Burnley rained crosses from Nils side rather like bombs o London in the blitz but still the bastion stood firm.

Yeates 5 (One early burst of electrical excitement and that was about that)

Johnson 4 (Driving midfield player?. More like damp squid. Porter laid him a square pass once anticipating a three or four metre advance but Johnson hadn't moved forward an inch - and never intended too. Anonymous and ineffective the whole night. No energy, no drive, no creativity, we were destroyed in midfeld).

Jarrett 5 (Huffed and puffed occasionally but in the manner of a shunter not an express)

Porter 6 (Made the panic for the goal which gave us three points. Rarely got a worthwhile pass and had no passing and moving around him whatsoev er from our team.

Hume 6 (Effort without effect)

Horsfield 5 (inconsequential)

Sub: Hughes 7 (several clever, probing passes almost gave Hammond a goal)

Hammond 6 (caused more panic in Burnley defnce in his short appearance than anyone else in the whole game. Loosely involved in the own goal which was as shoddy as the days performance.

Are you Forest in disguise??? ;)

IMO only Kisnorbo and McAuley are worth more more than a 6 for last nights performance. (oh and henderson)

Our midfield couldn't get a grip on the game a tall. Porter should not have been on the pitch and just got muscled out of it all the time. Wheres Yeates was as bad.

Jarret hardly made a pass. but did work very hard, and was full of running. He's the kind of midfielder we need. But just one thats a a lot better would be nice!

You have to grind results out, winning 1-0 and playing badly is a good sign. Teams who can do that get out of this division.

Well it's like Kelly said the last time we played there we were the much better team and lost, so maybe winning ugly was actually a good tactic. I admit we were riding our luck a bit but still 3 points and another clean sheet. Still, I think a performance like that on Saturday and we could be 3 down by half time!!

Henderson 7

Maybury 5

Kisnorbo 7

McAuley 7

Nisse 6

Yeates 6

Johnson 5

Jarret 5

Porter 6

Hume 6

Horsfield 6

Subs: Hammond 6 Hughes 7 and Stearman 6

I actually thought we won the game due to the subs that came on yesterday.

Porter sounded a lot worse on the radio than perhaps he was, then. It sounded like he didn't get a touch in the entire first half. I think his name was said something like twice in the second half.

Johnson didn't sound THAT bad either, but that's Barber, I guess.

Porter sounded a lot worse on the radio than perhaps he was, then. It sounded like he didn't get a touch in the entire first half. I think his name was said something like twice in the second half.

I thought Porter was a complete waste of time last night. Didn't do a thing.

That was the worst I've seen Porter play. He didn't get much service and when he did he lost it. The players wouldn't keep hold of the ball, they just got rid of it and the majority of the time it went straight to a Burnley player so he couldn't make as many runs.

IMO only Kisnorbo and McAuley are worth more more than a 6 for last nights performance. (oh and henderson)

Our midfield couldn't get a grip on the game a tall. Porter should not have been on the pitch and just got muscled out of it all the time. Wheres Yeates was as bad.

Jarret hardly made a pass. but did work very hard, and was full of running. He's the kind of midfielder we need. But just one thats a a lot better would be nice!

If Porter hadn't been on the pitch to slide that pass across which led to the own goal we would never have won. He got no ball and there was no-one running off him. The guy had no chance, any more than Hume or Horsfield with absolutely zero support from central midfield.

What goes around comes around we were all over Burnley first home game of the season. Who won?

It's a results based industry and as long as your team is winning you shouldn't be slagging them off!!

............at least wait until Saturday night after WBA stick four past us ;)

Am I alone in already hating the phrase 'winning ugly' which seems to have entered the footballing phrase book in recent weeks.

Does it mean deliberately playing badly and hoping you get away with it? In which case it strikes me as being a pretty poor plan. Why not just try and play better than the opposition

Archived