Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Musty

Favourite headline of the day!

:eek: Not since the days when we 'nearly signed' Johan Cruyff in the early 80's have i been so excited by a headline...sadly though we're not considering buying Becks out his £128 million deal with Galaxy...in fact Mandy's just playing down the impact he'll have on the game in the States.

Full article here if yr interested...

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=163090

...interesting to think our chairman was such a big player in the previous US soccer boom though (took Georgie Best to San Jose)...i wonder if his American links will come to benefit us?? Maybe a pre-season tour there?

:eek: Not since the days when we 'nearly signed' Johan Cruyff in the early 80's have i been so excited by a headline...sadly though we're not considering buying Becks out his £128 million deal with Galaxy...in fact Mandy's just playing down the impact he'll have on the game in the States.

Full article here if yr interested...

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=163090

...interesting to think our chairman was such a big player in the previous US soccer boom though (took Georgie Best to San Jose)...i wonder if his American links will come to benefit us?? Maybe a pre-season tour there?

I think that we should expect to see lots more of these comments during Milans time here, he loves to speak to the media and it should only help to raise the profile of the club if we keep appearing on BBC sport, sky sports etc. lets just hope he doesnt say anything really stupid!!

This lifting of the profile will be massively important and is something the club have missed so much that we've been gradually downgraded to the status of relatively inconsequential.

It is high time we were associiated with key players once more and involved in all the razzamataz that goes with promoting football week by week.

Yes, I know so much of the hype is no more than bullshit.

But you only had to be at Burnley Tuesday to realise how soon you can get left behind. Once proud Burnley scratching around for 10/11,000 followers...

The bandwagon might be tasteless and indecently expensive. But you've sure gotta be on it.

Not linked to Leicester City, but as I also like Glasgow Rangers, here is a favourite headline of mine, which occurred as Inverness Caledonians defeated Celtic

"SuperCaliGoBallisticAsCelticAreAtrocious" (similar to the Mary Poppins "Supercali...")

This made me laugh. Quite a bit. I liked it. In a sad sort of way.

I bet the bloke who come up with it was well chuffed. Is funny though :P

I bet he'd thought of it absolutely ages ago because he's a very sad man with too much spare time on his hands - more chuffed because he finally got to use it than because it's funny! :P

Archived