Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Playing the Season out

I have felt for the last couple of games that the city players feel like they have just been playing the season out.

This is an absolute disgrace and with the poor run of results we have just had, we now find ourselves looking over our shoulders again. How can these players be paid thousands of pounds a week to just go through the motions on the pitch, giving half hearted displays. To me it has looked like the players and management have been happy to pick up a point here and there. This is crap, we should be looking to win every game in this league.

Kelly may have felt by picking up points against the likes of Leeds and Southend we have moved closer to the finishing line and the 50+ mark that he refers to. We should not be thinking like this. These are 4 points lost, not 2 gained. This negative thinking and lack of ambition WILL cost Kelly his job.

In our remaining 8 games, we are due to play 5 teams in the top 10 fighting for promotion. If we picked up 0 points against these teams it would really not surprise me judging our last 4 performances.

This would put us in the relegation mix and i would have no sympathy for Kelly due to his negative tactics against teams lower in the league - especially at home.

We have an exciting future now with Mr Mandric and if i was a City player i would be giving 110% per game to ensure i would be here for the times that hopefully lie ahead.

These players have had their chance now and they are clearly not hungry for the success that Mr Mandric wants and expects. They cant say they haven't been given their chance.

I cant wait to see Mandric and the new management team wield the axe at some of these greedy,overpaid, lazy, pre madonnas that our club have. They don't know how lucky they have it, but will soon realise how well they had it at City when falling through the football leagues.

Sorry for the rant, but its so frustrating to see these players, strut around the pitch, pick up full wages but clearly not putt the effort in.

If this happened in any other profession you would be given a final warning with the potential sack!!

I cant work out why players would want to play the season when they have so much to prove. We have loanees in, players whose contracts are coming to an end and the rest of the rabble who you would have thought would be playing for there futures since a certain Milan Manderic came in.

The blame lays firmly at the managers feet who despite not having much help since he took over at City, has failed to generate the passion and momentum needed to see us improve. We are left with arguably 5 players that can be part of a nucleus of a squad that is looking at success next year after over a year in charge and that in my opinion is not acceptable. Players have gone backwards in form including Fryatt and Stearman and that is down to poor management. Managers worth there salt can encourage there players and manage them to steadily improve instead of going backward.

In fairness, finding motivation must be hard. RK has instilled a negative attitude in them and they know they're not good enough players to push for the playoffs like we want. They know they're off in the summer and in thoe situations, would you want to play your heart out for the team, if you weren't a Leicester fan?

I think that now could be the time to start playing some of the youth's

TBH they cant be worse than our current 1st team squad

I couldn't agree more. We can all see that the current so called "first" eleven are not up to the job with only a few of them looking like they actually want to play for leicester city and actually care about how well we do.

Bring in the youth teamers as they will have drive, ambition and passion for the club. :thumbup:

Archived