Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Summer

BUY

Jason Roberts

Billy Sharp

Kevin Nicholls

Chris Shuker

Packet of Wine Gums

SELL

Everyone

Alternatively, keep largely the same squad, keep Kelly, keep Paddy McCarthy as captain, change our name to Bunch of F**king Idiots FC and only issue lifetime bans to anyone who starts singing during the game.

do you think

Jason Roberts

Billy Sharp

Kevin Nicholls

Chris Shuker

would come here a bottom of the table club

Depends whether you trust Milan to be able to sell us to them.

Although, reading that back, why he'd want to sell us already I'm not sure.

Serious answer though, I believe they're all realistic targets.

BUY

Jason Roberts

Billy Sharp

Kevin Nicholls

Chris Shuker

Packet of Wine Gums

SELL

Everyone

Alternatively, keep largely the same squad, keep Kelly, keep Paddy McCarthy as captain, change our name to Bunch of F**king Idiots FC and only issue lifetime bans to anyone who starts singing during the game.

I think they're all realistic targets. Don't know a great deal about them all but I think Mandaric being here will help attract players like Shuker and Sharp from clubs in lower divisions who have shown potential.

BUY

Jason Roberts

Billy Sharp

Kevin Nicholls

Chris Shuker

Packet of Wine Gums

SELL

Everyone

So is this Elvis' replacement? :unsure:

BUY

Jason Roberts

Billy Sharp

Kevin Nicholls

Chris Shuker

Packet of Wine Gums

SELL

Everyone

I don't know whether you were joking about the SELL bit but I would definitely keep:

Henderson

Logan

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Hume

Fryatt

Nils

I think the summer will allow clubs at our level to attract a better standard of player because I see the lower end premier clubs continuing in splashing out on foreign players with there new riches from the increased TV revenue. Clubs like Sheff Utd have already splashed out millions in January on foreign players and I see that trend continuing. Hopefully that means that players like Jason Roberts will go even further down the pecking order and once again, hopefully they will want to come to us who would be amongst the most attractive options out side of the premiership with our stadium, fanbase and chairman. Another vital factor in getting good players here would be the boss and thats why we need a high profile man at the helm to persuade those players to us.

Good choice from the fez meister. They are all realistic targets to be honest. Oh yeah whats all this about james beattie?? :blink:

On The Championship last week the presenter said he had heard a rumour he was coming to us. :rolleyes:

Billy Sharp would be a great signing. I think we wont be the only club going in for him somehow. We can definately attract these players with the help of an ambitous manager and with the help of Milan (£) :P .

On The Championship last week the presenter said he had heard a rumour he was coming to us. :rolleyes:

Billy Sharp would be a great signing. I think we wont be the only club going in for him somehow. We can definately attract these players with the help of an ambitous manager and with the help of Milan (£) :P .

Billy Sharp was the one I had to really think about before I said he was a realistic signing. It'd take a good £2million+ to get him and he might be a target for whoever gets promoted this season but past that, I think we might have a shout. To be honest, given that Hoskins went to Watford, Sharp could even be looking at a bottom-half Premiership team.

I don't think many people on here really know the level of player Mandaric is looking at. I think loans will play a big part and if we go down the same route as Stoke, that will please the majority.

Billy Sharp was the one I had to really think about before I said he was a realistic signing. It'd take a good £2million+ to get him and he might be a target for whoever gets promoted this season but past that, I think we might have a shout. To be honest, given that Hoskins went to Watford, Sharp could even be looking at a bottom-half Premiership team.

I don't think many people on here really know the level of player Mandaric is looking at. I think loans will play a big part and if we go down the same route as Stoke, that will please the majority.

I agree. Maybe the promoted teams would like to take a gamble on Sharp. Is Sharp ready for the Prem? I'm not to sure but if I was him I think I would test myself in the Championship to toughen up a bit more. Or is this just me being bias. :rolleyes::unsure::whistle:

BUY STEVE HOWARD. Whatever we do we must buy this bloke, he is tops for this league.

Speeking to a mate of mine who is a Derby fan, he is gutted that he is out now. He's been great for them this season and I'm glad he will miss the game against us.

Release.

Rab Douglas

Stephen Hughes

Andy Johnson

Mark De Vries

Elvis Hammond

Alan Maybury

Patrick McCarthy

End Loan

Geoff Horsefield

Jason Jarrett

Mark Yeats*

Unsure

Matty Fryatt**

Shaun Newton

Darren Kenton

Nils

Alan Sheehan***

Louis Dodds***

Retain

Iain Hume

Richard Stearman

James Wesolowski

Levi Porter

Gareth McAuley

Patrick Kisnorbo

Paul Henderson

Conrad Logan

Permanent Signing –Targets

Jason Roberts (ST-Blackburn)

Claus Jensen (MF – Fulham)

Ahmad Elrich (MF – Fulham)

Dejan Stefanović (DF – Portsmouth)

Jamie Ashdown (GK – Portsmouth)

Alhassan Bangura (MF – Watford)

Lee Croft (MF – Norwich)

Richard Chaplow (MF – WestBrom)

Loan – Targets

Jonas Elmer (DF/MF – Chelsea)

Anthony Le Tallec (CF/ST – Liverpool)

James Beattie (ST – Everton)

I stress they are Targets!!!

New Senior Contracts

Max Gradel

Andy King

Scott Lycett

Eric Odhiambo

*Yeats still has the potential to make a decent signing... but thus far NO

**Loan Him Out for the start of next season, any decent Leauge One outfit be after him?

***Their potential is there, but its hardly their fault they havent been given the chance, I want to be sure we have not just ignored them and not give them that chance to show us they can make the grade in the first team.

BUY

Jason Roberts

Billy Sharp

Kevin Nicholls

Chris Shuker

Packet of Wine Gums

SELL

Everyone

Billy Sharp and Jason Roberts are unrealistic targets. Both of them wouldcommand fees around the £1/2 million mark andfor a club like us that is not realistic.

Milan has come in but he wont spend milions. He'll sanction the signings of good championship players for fees around 500,000- unless he changes the way he did it for Pompey.

Nicholls and Shuker are realistic targets though, definitely Nicholls, always rated him.

I think he may of had his chance. Didn't somebody come in for him not long ago.

Wasnt that "Smedly"... there was a lad, played at centre back, we released a month or two back, went to a non-league side IIRC, Lycett is still in the set up (he played yesterday)... another kid from the youth set up worth of a chance is probably Matlock.

Release/Sell.

Rab Douglas

Stephen Hughes

Andy Johnson

Mark De Vries

Elvis Hammond

Patrick McCarthy

Cadamertari

Maybury

End Loan

Geoff Horsefield

Jason Jarrett

Mark Yeates*

Unsure

Shaun Newton

Alan Sheehan

Conrad Logan

Retain

Louis Dodds

Matty Fryatt

Iain Hume

James Wesolowski

Levi Porter

Gareth McAuley

Patrick Kisnorbo

Nils-Eric Johansson

Paul Henderson

Darren Kenton

Richard Stearman

Release/Sell.

Rab Douglas

Stephen Hughes

Andy Johnson

Mark De Vries

Elvis Hammond

Patrick McCarthy

Cadamertari

Maybury

End Loan

Geoff Horsefield

Jason Jarrett

Mark Yeates*

Unsure

Shaun Newton

Alan Sheehan

Conrad Logan

Retain

Louis Dodds

Matty Fryatt

Iain Hume

James Wesolowski

Levi Porter

Gareth McAuley

Patrick Kisnorbo

Nils-Eric Johansson

Paul Henderson

Darren Kenton

God assessment there :thumbup: Except i would keep Newton for sure

Billy Sharp and Jason Roberts are unrealistic targets. Both of them wouldcommand fees around the £1/2 million mark andfor a club like us that is not realistic.

Milan has come in but he wont spend milions. He'll sanction the signings of good championship players for fees around 500,000- unless he changes the way he did it for Pompey.

Nicholls and Shuker are realistic targets though, definitely Nicholls, always rated him.

Debatable. No-one knows how much Mandaric will spend on individual players for sure. I've just gone on him spending £4.5m on transfer fees, although I'm not even sure this is 100%. Roberts £1m, Sharp £2.5m, Shuker and Nicholls £500,000 apiece.

Release/Sell.

Rab Douglas

Stephen Hughes

Andy Johnson

Mark De Vries

Elvis Hammond

Patrick McCarthy

Cadamertari

Maybury

End Loan

Geoff Horsefield

Jason Jarrett

Mark Yeates*

Unsure

Shaun Newton

Alan Sheehan

Conrad Logan

Retain

Louis Dodds

Matty Fryatt

Iain Hume

James Wesolowski

Levi Porter

Gareth McAuley

Patrick Kisnorbo

Nils-Eric Johansson

Paul Henderson

Darren Kenton

Forgot Kenton (Probably coz I wasnt at the game yesterday)... to be honest i had high hopes of Kenton when we signed him, but RK simply has played him and then threw him on half fit (was it against Sunderland?), but from what people say he was pretty useful yesterday... so might be worth a look at, also forgot about Johansson... clearly i want a team without left backs lol:ph34r:

Archived