Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Billy or Mike.....discuss

With what we have I wouldn't mind any of those two managers but like most I'd prefer Billy Davies. he has a very good track record.

Now I know Billy Davies has done a great job at the sheepshaggers but he has had money. And the good thing is he's actually spent it wisely. We need a manager like this. Not somebody to waste it like Peter Taylor did...

With all due respect, Matt Gillies does not belong in that company and neither does Keegan.

Davies may indeed leave Derby - an interfering chief executive can cause all kinds of problems, as we know from Barrie Pierpoint's time - but I wouldn't be too thrilled to see him move to us. Hoofball on the pitch and Warnock-style bullying of match officials off it does not appeal to me at all.

Both those managers won matches with style! :whistle:

That was the criteria. Nothing about their overall playing record as managers, the number of trophies they won, their motivational skills or anything else...just whether they won matches with style.

Gillies did extraordinary well at forever unfashionable Leicester, competing successfully against the very best teams in the English top division and reaching major finals.

He had to find relative unknows to do that. Any pratt will have a fair chance of success if they can spend Abramovich-type monies on the best players in the world. gillies achieved things with next to sod-all and presided over some smashing football.

Archived