Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Billy or Mike.....discuss

Out of the two Billy Davies but TBH can't see him leaving. As I said in the Newell thread he is a definate no, no.

Amazing how Newell has been slagged off a few times on here in the past but since he is the only "big" free agent availiable at the moment he's our man...Fickle fans.

Out of the two Billy Davies but TBH can't see him leaving. As I said in the Newell thread he is a definate no, no.

Amazing how Newell has been slagged off a few times on here in the past but since he is the only "big" free agent availiable at the moment he's our man...Fickle fans.

no smoke without fire. Milan should be belowing wind on the smoke as far as im concerned.

I have no doubt either would be a major step forward. But I imagine both can be awkward people to work with.

It's quite often the case with capable people.

Newell would probably be more expansive and that would suit me better than a man who thinks the result is the only thing that matters.

I want results with style. Very few managers have achieved that in England but Bill Nicholson, Bill Shankly, Bobby Robson, Don Revie, Bob Paisley, Matt Gillies, Luca Vialli, Brian Clough, Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Kevin Keegan and a few others have shown it is possible.

I cannot imagine Newell ever being that good but he's along the lines of what I'd like despite my reservations about his indiscretions.

the best man for the job here is billy. if there is even a hint of friction at derby milan and co should be stoking up the fire to unsettle him even more.

By doing what exactly? :dunno: , it's nobodies business. Derby on saturday have shown more unity than I have ever seen here at LCFC with the player huddle at the end.

BD easily. But then he never did take Preston up but did make them one of the top sides in the league. But i cannot see him leaving Derby tbh

I agree, I don't think he will leave but if he did I'd love to see him here.

I agree, I don't think he will leave but if he did I'd love to see him here.

Same here, i feel Davies could do a awesome job and probably would take us up. But i can't honestly see the Derby board letting the guy go if he takess them up. Hopefully we can get a top manager someone who has the ability, Davies is one of them 'dream' champ managers. Newell would be great and for me is the most likely choice.

I'd take either of them over the current useless pile of toss. Neither would be my personal choice but I'm not getting quite desparate for change.

I'd be quite interested to see what a Kevin Keegan/Paul Ince dream ticket might offer.

looks like all is not sweet at derby scum, i get the feeling billy and milans ambition is the same. they talk the same language and are tuned into the same wavelength.

I think you are right and I think he has enough about him to survive in the PL. Not so sure Newell could. :ph34r::unsure::whistle:;):thumbup:

The good managers at this level all seem to come with baggage. Look at the way George Burley, Billy Davies and Mike Newell have all left clubs in the past few years. Anything might seem preferable to Nice Guy Kelly but a combination of an outspoken manager and an outspoken chairman can go very wrong, no matter how good they are at their job.

The good managers at this level all seem to come with baggage. Look at the way George Burley, Billy Davies and Mike Newell have all left clubs in the past few years. Anything might seem preferable to Nice Guy Kelly but a combination of an outspoken manager and an outspoken chairman can go very wrong, no matter how good they are at their job.

Well we're never going to win the Premier League and the days of winning FA & League Cups looks long gone so we may as well enjoy the ride, besides if they are not very successful they're going to be out of the door anyway.

As long as we don't get someone who takes us down to League 1 I'm game for anything, 5 managers in a season has got to be more interesting than the present set up of shite manager & shite team going nowhere fast.

Bring it On lol

bd wont leave derby not with there season so far espeacially if they get auto promoted

newell i dont really know too well apart from his days at luton

i cant really see any of them coming though i think milan is after something else maybe premiership manager

I want results with style. Very few managers have achieved that in England but Bill Nicholson, Bill Shankly, Bobby Robson, Don Revie, Bob Paisley, Matt Gillies, Luca Vialli, Brian Clough, Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Kevin Keegan and a few others have shown it is possible.

With all due respect, Matt Gillies does not belong in that company and neither does Keegan.

Davies may indeed leave Derby - an interfering chief executive can cause all kinds of problems, as we know from Barrie Pierpoint's time - but I wouldn't be too thrilled to see him move to us. Hoofball on the pitch and Warnock-style bullying of match officials off it does not appeal to me at all.

Out of the 2 i'd prefer Davies as now he's pretty much proven when it comes to play offs (well he can get the team there, just not win the thing).

But he has spent A LOT of money at Derby.

As for Newell, well, hes done well at Luton. At the end of the day, we know why he was sacked and thats because he was forced to sell his best players due to no faultof his own.

I'd have no problems with Newell here at all.

I think it's bit pointless talking about it, Davies won't leave Derby and if he did he wouldn't come to us. All the stories about Derby's dressing room unrest are probably just media bullshit (although I hope they are true :D ).

I hate the guy anyway, every time I see one of his interviews I just want to punch him for some reason. :angry:

Billy davies or mike newell?

Mike is out of a job and read below for the sitation with billy davies

"Derby boss Billy Davies will leave in the summer whether or not they get promoted because of tensions with managing director Mike Horton (Various)."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/6463673.stm (just below half way dow)

I cant see BD leaving De**y at all, despite what the tabloids say.

He is proven to be a good manager and I`d love him here. Hopefully if he did turn up he would last longer at the club than he did as a player.

Archived