Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Fryatt to replace Horse for Stoke?

Newton - decent against Leeds, poor against QPR but then so was everyone. He provided the main forward thrust in the first half from what I could make out from my pathetic vantage point by the side of the pitch in the corner between the Kop and the West Stand.

I think Newton will improve if anything. Hopefully Porter too will make a step up in quality. He probably needs to work on his shooting. Btw Mandaric backs introduction of reserve teams in the league. Also has anyone seen the rudkin report? Please detail contents for my benefit.

I think Newton will improve if anything. Hopefully Porter too will make a step up in quality. He probably needs to work on his shooting. Btw Mandaric backs introduction of reserve teams in the league. Also has anyone seen the rudkin report? Please detail contents for my benefit.

Porter's shooting technique seems pretty sound to me - against QPR he had two good shots blocked having taken time (perhaps too much) to make sure he struck them properly instead of grabbing them like Hughes - but I think Kelly needs to make sure he gets into shooting positions more often.

It's the eternal problem with our wingers really. Kelly expects Porter to do so much defensive work its a job for him to hit the box as regularly as e need. Another reason I wish he were in a central midfield three really.

There also needs to be more attackers and something that seems almost totally missing from Leicester's armoury - constant moving off the ball.

I have never known a City side so static and wonder whether it's down to lack of awareness or lack or fitness... or both.

Porter is forever on the move when he's involved in an attack but the expectations on him do take their toll, as they did even more dramatically with Ryan Smith and Andy Welsh and that's another reason we need fast-supporting and more athletic defenders.

Otherwise the gap between different sections of the team is killing.

Archived