Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Fryatt to replace Horse for Stoke?

Now i know my short term memory isn't the best, but i remember thinking against qpr that Kenton was one of the only ones worthy of being in the team... why drop him from cb?

I thought he was very poor, beaten in the air almost constantly and slow to respond to situations, to me he was clearly not match fit.

Having said that compared to the other shower of shite he wern't that bad.

Already anticipated.

But it doesn't answer the question.

Well it's not a easy question to answear is it?! :unsure::D we're going to cause ourselves problems whatever we do because even in defense where Kelly has made loads of signing we lack depth. Kenton of Maybury I suppose, probabley Maybury seeing as he's capable of playing ok at left back.....ish...... every one games in ten.

I might consider the League Two reject but I bet he's nowhere near fit knowing the master of management that is Rob Kelly.

The team will probably be somthing like...

Henderson

Maybury Kenton Kisnorbo Nils

Newton Johnson/Weso Hughes/Jarret Porter

Hume Hammond

...sounds stupid but its what I'd expect RK to patch together :rolleyes:

Personally I'd go for somthing more like...

Henderson

Stearman Kenton Kisnorbo Nils

Newton Weso Porter

Hume

Fryatt Horse

....wont happen of course.

Well it's not a easy question to answear is it?! :unsure::D we're going to cause ourselves problems whatever we do because even in defense where Kelly has made loads of signing we lack depth. Kenton of Maybury I suppose, probabley Maybury seeing as he's capable of playing ok at left back.....ish...... every one games in ten.

I might consider the League Two reject but I bet he's nowhere near fit knowing the master of management that is Rob Kelly.

It's not an easy question which is why I asked it. The truth is Kelly is between a rock and a hard place. I agree about Sheehan - as with everyone else he should only be considered if properly fit.

I also think Nils is the best alternative for centre-back. But I'd never make two changes when one will suffice. I warned about this at Southend but Kelly went his own way and cocked up.

So I'd give Stearman his chance to play in what is probably his most natural postion.

It will give us mobility there, someone who can pass, someone who can bring the ball out reasonably well and quickly and if he disappoints we will at least have learned something we didn't know. If he does well we'll have learned something we didn't know too.

That seems a less risky and less complicated solution than moving Maybury to left-back where he's been demonstrably unconvincing previously or opting for Kenton who's looked slow and ridiculously vulnerable in the position.

With a potential weakness at left-back it only needs Nils to have trouble readjusting to centre-back and you have potential disaster. Stoke will be hard enough to beat anyway.

I also think Nils is the best alternative for centre-back. But I'd never make two changes when one will suffice. I warned about this at Southend but Kelly went his own way and cocked up.

He didn't take your advice? sack him!! lol

We really do have a poor squad having to think of players like Kenton and Sheehan to play. I personally dont give a monkeys on which team is trotting out in the next game because I want the games to come thick and fast so we can hopefully be closer to a new manager and new players. The sorry shower that we have to choose from is depressing and I just want us to get through the next 2 months in the Championship so we can move on.

So I'd give Stearman his chance to play in what is probably his most natural postion.

It will give us mobility there, someone who can pass, someone who can bring the ball out reasonably well and quickly and if he disappoints we will at least have learned something we didn't know. If he does well we'll have learned something we didn't know too.

That seems a less risky and less complicated solution than moving Maybury to left-back where he's been demonstrably unconvincing previously or opting for Kenton who's looked slow and ridiculously vulnerable in the position.

I'm struggling to see the logic here. Maybury has played a number of times at left-back, and while he's not been particularly good, you can't say he's been disastrous in that position.

Whereas you think that's more of a risk than playing Stearman at centre-back, when he's only played there a couple of times during his whole career and is seemingly short of form and confidence.

I don't understand. :unsure:

He didn't take your advice? sack him!! lol

I wasn't the only one who didn't want two changes and there was never any sensible logic in going down that road.

Kelly, believe it or not, has had a lot of good advice from the fans during his time as manager.

Lots have suggested he buy a left back, an attacking midfielder, a decent right winger, play a more balanced team, stop conceding the initative to the opposition, stop turning off after scoring, get rid of Horsfield, get rid of Low and Sylla etc, etc.

People also told him loud and clear that we wouldn't score enough goals and that he should do something about it.

Yet Kelly continued to ignore that groundswell of opinion and either didn't change his thinking at all or took far too long to do so.

If I were losing games as regularly as him and had a side which is playing so badly, I'd at least be listening and considering other opinions - especially ones which would seem to be virtually unanimous.

I wasn't the only one who didn't want two changes and there was never any sensible logic in going down that road.

Kelly, believe it or not, has had a lot of good advice from the fans during his time as manager.

Lots have suggested he buy a left back, an attacking midfielder, a decent right winger, play a more balanced team, stop conceding the initative to the opposition, stop turning off after scoring, get rid of Horsfield, get rid of Low and Sylla etc, etc.

Yet Kelly continued to ignore that groundswell of opinion and either didn't change his thinking at all or took far too long to do so.

If I were losing games as regularly as him and had a side which is playing so badly, I'd at least be listening and considering other opinions - especially ones which would seem to be virtually unanimous.

Are you saying you have called him to discuss his options because it sounds like he is ignoring you??! He is probably oblivious to the possibility of bringing more kids into the first team as it seems he isnt even bothering with anymore. Also, it doesnt look so good on your CV if you sign players like Kenton, Newton and Fryatt and start playing kids ahead of them. It would almost be an admittance of being a shite judge of a player which he seems to be.

Well he flatters to decieve thats for sure!

At least he is young and can improve. The Horse looks well passed his sell-by date and poor old Elvis should think of another career while he is still in his 20s. Maybe he can be a sprinting coach for the London Olympics?? :dunno::unsure::whistle:

But he can and has been on various occasions. So far Hammond has had a far better and more effective season than Fryatt overall.

You are kidding? I havent seen as many games as I would have liked this season but Elvis just comes across as a runner who has been drugged into playing football and hypnotised to think that he is good. His body just runs and he has no control over it. He is a sorry excuse for a footballer and needs to go and play rugby union as a winger or maybe American Football as a running-back. Anything to get him away from the the Walkers on a Saturday.

You are kidding? I havent seen as many games as I would have liked this season but Elvis just comes across as a runner who has been drugged into playing football and hypnotised to think that he is good. His body just runs and he has no control over it. He is a sorry excuse for a footballer and needs to go and play rugby union as a winger or maybe American Football as a running-back. Anything to get him away from the the Walkers on a Saturday.

..................and Fryatt has done sooooo much better!

I wish somebody could or would explain to me the fascination with Fryatt, he is under perfroming as are most of our squad but everybody seems to be making excuses for him yet everybody else has a hard time on here without might I add the price tag of Fryatt.

I would like to see Matty replace thee Donkey up front. Ooops i mean The Horse :P .

I thought Fryatt was getting his form back before he got injured the second time. He was beginning to play and did score against Fulham but got injured a couple of games after . :(

Well should Fryatt be put in the team for Stoke?

Is he match fit?

The answer is no and as Thracian said, is it worth the risk of him getting injured again?

Without the reserves its hard t see how our injured players can get fit - its a joke.

He should be on the bench and get the last 20 minutes or so really and the saem for the next few games- just buildng up his fitness.

Fryatt to replace Horsfield? Jesus Christ this is a no-win situation. Fryatt is clearly not match fit, Horse is pathetic and we might as well not turn up if Hammond starts a game. I vote for playing Hume upfront on his own in a 4-4-1-1. :cool:

There's still talk of one or two loan signings which may change the picture...but they'll have to be quick and a damned sight better than the loanees we've had so far.

No signs though that "still learning" Kelly will do what he should have done in the first place which was to bring in Dodds and King and add some football to the side.

"Experienced" additions in the shape of hard-case Horsefield, jobber-Jarrett and the not-so-Newton have looked pathetically poor substitutes for that pair to me, not least because only Jarrett seems fit.

There's still talk of one or two loan signings which may change the picture...but they'll have to be quick and a damned sight better than the loanees we've had so far.

No signs though that "still learning" Kelly will do what he should have done in the first place which was to bring in Dodds and King and add some football to the side.

"Experienced" additions in the shape of hard-case Horsefield, jobber-Jarrett and the not-so-Newton have looked pathetically poor substitutes for that pair to me, not least because only Jarrett seems fit.

Newton - decent against Leeds, poor against QPR but then so was everyone. He provided the main forward thrust in the first half from what I could make out from my pathetic vantage point by the side of the pitch in the corner between the Kop and the West Stand.

Archived