Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mort

Will Milan Dump RK?

Is Milan going to dump RK in the summer or sooner and how likley do we think it is that this is going to happen... of course i cant wait for the day the burke's shown the door... but can we be sure that Milan will boot him out and not let him waste money and allow our team's fitness to plumet over the summer?

PS: What exactly did he say in the moan-in the other week, folks where going on about him infering RK was going sooner or later?

"Great" coach.

Never was a word so misused.

I've yet to be convinced he's even a good coach although one or two players have come out with praising comments.

Watching our team on a Saturday, either he's not delivering the messages or they're being ignored.

To me a great coach is a man of imagination who sees in players what they sometimes don't even see in themselves and in bringing it out helps that player to reach a level he never expected.

A great coach spots a weakness in someone and devises ways to improve that weakness that might be specific to the player but which cure or vastly improve the weakness beyond recognition.

A great coach is a man who does his homework and knows the oppositions strengths and weaknesses and then devises a strategy which enables his own team to win.

A great coach can watch the start of a game and quickly spot any problems and adjust his tactics to improve the situation.

A great coach understands the individuals in his charge and uses different methods to get them to perform to their very highest level.

A great coach can use any number of formations and an array of tactics and use his players in any number of ways to be effective.

A great coach brings his players to the peak of performance and of confidence on matchdays only.

If you doubt what I say about Kelly, apply the above and mentally tick ever attribute Kelly has from the list.

Johanson has come out and said it aswell as a few other first team players

I say my dads a great coach, doesn't mean nothing.

Great coaches don't lead their teams to 17th in the championship.

Great coaches don't give crap like AJ, Low, Sylla, Hughes, Jarrett, Horsfield, to name a few, long runs in the team.

Great coaches inspire their team to drive forward and attack and play with their hearts on their sleeves.

Great coaches spot the weaknesses of their team and actually do something about it.

Great coaches manage to find a blend between a solid defence and an inventive attack.

RK is none of the above, therefore he is a bad coach.

Johanson has come out and said it aswell as a few other first team players

Come on Joe, think about it they are unlikely to say anything different are they?

The thing which gets me about the “great coach†line that gets trotted out every now and again, is that the Kelly’s real failings are the things that a “good coach†would be pretty competent at, things like keeping players fit, motivating the team, making sure players where comfortable in their positions and cultivating talent in the younger squad members while providing for more experienced players.

In the end some of Kelly’s biggest failures are at the level of coach… once you get onto the level of manager, such as team selection and tactical understanding he’s similarly “at seaâ€Â… he’s neither a good manager, nor a good coach IMHO… the best that could be said is that I would consider him as a reserve team coach, but that’s about the extent of it.

Archived