Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Rodney Marsh sacked by Sky Sports

Rodney Marsh has had his contract terminated by Sky Sports after making offensive comments on air about the Asia tsunami disaster.

The former Queens Park Rangers and Manchester City striker appeared as a pundit on Monday night's You're on Sky Sports programme.

A Sky Sports spokesperson said: "We have today ended Rodney Marsh's contract with Sky Sports.

"The decision was made this morning, following a review of his comments on last night's edition of You're on Sky Sports.

"During the live night-time phone-in, Rodney made comments that were offensive and inexcusable.

"An apology was made within the programme and Rodney's comments were edited and removed from later transmissions.

"These remarks should never have been made and Sky would like to offer its apologies to those who were offended."

:( Soccer Saturday will never be the same again. I believe Sky were a bit harsh on him myself..

He said Beckham won't be going to Newcastle because of all the damage the "toon army" did over in Asia

I think it's a funny joke, but best kept private. There's too much PC around at the moment and jokes about the tsunami disaster are a no-no on TV.

I think an apology would have been sufficent, the comment after all is not OFFENCIVE to anyone it was just a play on words.

I don't like him though so I am not going to complain, his opinions are mostly rubbish and he prides himself on being 'maverik' whcih is never agood sign.

I am even more suprised he got sacked when you consider Frank McLintock used the 'n' word that gets people into ALOT of trouble an dis very offencive on the same showe in Novemeber and was not sacked.

Archived