Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Automatic Login

Before I always just be able to come online click Foxestalk on my favorites and I could just read/post, but recently (Since the board was down about 2 weeks ago I think) I have to type my username and password in everytime. Was just wondering if there was a way to always be automatically logged in.

I imagine it's because your IP is dynamic.

The board no longer relies solely on your cookies, it also checks your IP. If your IP changes on a regular basis, you have to login each time.

It happened approximately two weeks ago because that's when the forum software was updated.

Try signing in in the middle where it says Login/Register instead of the side. It'll tell you to sign in then give you an option whether to remember you.

There was a problem with it a few weeks back but if this is different, take it from LWICD ;)

I have to do it aswell, and I use the middle one. But i'm on the same computer all the while...

I've pressed the remember me button, and it never logs me out. Methinks ld3 is doing something wrong. :unsure::ermm:
I imagine it's because your IP is dynamic.

The board no longer relies solely on your cookies, it also checks your IP. If your IP changes on a regular basis, you have to login each time.

It happened approximately two weeks ago because that's when the forum software was updated.

I know this because it happened to me again this morning - the first time in two days.

Reason? I moved from one location to another, resulting in a change of IP address. :thumbup:

OK.

Each time you have to log into FoxesTalk, take note of your IP.

Go to whatsmyip.org to find out what your IP is. Take note of your IP (it's in huge text at the very top of the page).

The next time you're asked to sign in again, go to whatsmyip again and take note of the IP.

If the IP address has changed, then this is the simple reason you need to sign in each time - it's because your IP is changing often.

Solution? There isn't one. lol

OK.

Each time you have to log into FoxesTalk, take note of your IP.

Go to whatsmyip.org to find out what your IP is. Take note of your IP (it's in huge text at the very top of the page).

The next time you're asked to sign in again, go to whatsmyip again and take note of the IP.

If the IP address has changed, then this is the simple reason you need to sign in each time - it's because your IP is changing often.

Solution? There isn't one. lol

Hmm, sounds like a whole lot of effort to find out something that I can't even solve lol

Archived