Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

Who'll be in charge come next year?

should be coleman, he's used to working under a wealthy owner...for a time...and i think he knows exactly how he wants his teams to play... a qualitry not shared by (sometimes Adams) Levein or Kelly.

Ince AND Coleman?

Discuss...

It would never be. Unnecessary expense for a start and managers want their own staff around them - people they know, trust and who understand what the aims are and what the boss requires and expects from players at each level.

These people are your eyes, your ears, the representation of what you stand for, the people you to bounce ideas with and who provide you with a buffer zone, a distance from the players that is so important.

They take the strain, do the labouring, field squad members' concerns and they sense any problems that might spell trouble for the manager.

With any luck they are unbendingly loyal and that goes both ways because unless they somehow break the circle they are indispensible, the very rocks on which a manager builds his castle.

Two managers at the same club - whether one was a director of football or not - would be a recipe for disaster as soon as the team manager hit a sticky patch.

Worthington gets my vote. :thumbup:

To be honest i dont think thats a totally stupid idea... not sold on it, but he improved the quality of our performances no end in just under a week as manager, somthing we might be forgetting is he's only really had six days, sadly he had two games in those days... just makes you realise how Kelly should have been axed back during the international break.

Archived