Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Walshie wherever you may be

And will you be there when we win at Wembley

Stevie Walsh and his f"ckd up knee

Spion Kop, Pen 3, 1993/1994 season.

Mystic Meg must have come up with that, because I have never known a terrace ditty to actually get the events 100% FACT months in advance.

That was back in the day when we had players worth singing about and proper football fans could afford to go and stand while having a laugh and possibly a bit of argie-bargie, with "DISCO" going up 10 minutes before kick-off.

And will you be there when we win at Wembley

Stevie Walsh and his f"ckd up knee

Spion Kop, Pen 3, 1993/1994 season.

Mystic Meg must have come up with that, because I have never known a terrace ditty to actually get the events 100% FACT months in advance.

That was back in the day when we had players worth singing about and proper football fans could afford to go and stand while having a laugh and possibly a bit of argie-bargie, with "DISCO" going up 10 minutes before kick-off.

Whats the point your trying to make Barton? :blink: Is it that we should hire mystic meg to predict the future so we can make up 100% accurate songs?

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end........

But they did. This is the here and now and we're rubbish. 'Twill be a long time until we have an icon like Walshie again.

Whats the point your trying to make Barton? :blink: Is it that we should hire mystic meg to predict the future so we can make up 100% accurate songs?

I believe, and I could be mistaken, that he's reminiscing of a time when we had a team we could get behind, and when we had players that could hold up as potential heroes etc etc etc.

Archived