Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson

Fightstar

I saw them just a few hours after Busted officially broke up, in their first gig outside London (2 weeks ago today).

Didn't think much of them, my mate, in his description of them based on that night, said they had Funeral For A Friend moments, and some Incubus-esque ones, but since I don't like either of those bands, it could explain why I didn't think much of them.

However, also bear in mind that we were rat-arsed at the time, and had never heard any Fightstar before or since, so for all I know, that description could be a load of bollocks.

They sound ok. I think he's trying to make the band sound too hard then they should be, i've only heard one song, the lyrics sounded a bit simple like Busted's but with a more original (for the mainstream industry anyway, nothing i aint heard before) sound.

The one song I've heard was OK but sounded nothing special, my brother described them as something like 'average emo- who wouyldnt have got as much attention if Charlie hadnt been in Busted'. Sounds about right to me...

From what i've heard yeh, who knows, maybe this will teach other bands to give up on the boring indie shite and make something slightly more original. Fightstar are tons better than any other popular British band around lately.

Archived