Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kent Fox

Old Testimonial

Many many years ago (around mid to late 70's) I played for a Leicester boys team that played a TISWAS team at Filbert Street.

The game was at (a longer than usual) half time during a testimonial match Leicester were playing against Chelsea.

Problem is.... I can't remember who's testimonial it was. I think it was Alan Woollet's but have another feeling it was Steve Whitworths.

Question is - was Whitworths testimonial against Chelsea? :dunno:

So I ask you, my learned friends, as I am certain someone will know for sure.

Many many years ago (around mid to late 70's) I played for a Leicester boys team that played a TISWAS team at Filbert Street.

The game was at (a longer than usual) half time during a testimonial match Leicester were playing against Chelsea.

Problem is.... I can't remember who's testimonial it was. I think it was Alan Woollet's but have another feeling it was Steve Whitworths.

Question is - was Whitworths testimonial against Chelsea? :dunno:

So I ask you, my learned friends, as I am certain someone will know for sure.

According to of fossils & foxes it was on 10/05/77

3-0

Worthington, White & Birch

Alan Woollett Testimonial

According to of fossils & foxes it was on 10/05/77

3-0

Worthington, White & Birch

Alan Woollett Testimonial

Outstanding! Thanks davieG :worship:

Thread closed then!!

Who was on the TISWAS team?

It is hard to recall. I do remember getting hacked by Trevor East. Tarrant wasn't there, I don't think.

I found a programme on eBay from the testimonial so kinda hoping for more info in that.

It is hard to recall. I do remember getting hacked by Trevor East. Tarrant wasn't there, I don't think.

I found a programme on eBay from the testimonial so kinda hoping for more info in that.

I seem to remember Trevor East and Dennis Waterman being in every and any 'celebrity' team back then :D

I seem to remember Trevor East and Dennis Waterman being in every and any 'celebrity' team back then :D

Little Dennis certainly wasn't in it. I only remember Trevor East coz he was a good player - well, fast. I was pretty quick back then and he could keep up with me.

Bit concerned Karljohn has the programme and no mention of the "half time entertainment". Who did we play in Whitworths' testimonial??? Just in case it wasn't Woollet's :dunno:

Either way - happy memories :D

Archived