Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
potter3

Bad links

Having just dissected looked at the posts in question, they appear to (somehow) be linking using 'Post' tags as opposed to the normal 'URL' tags.

Why that is or how it's happened, I'm not sure... :whistle:

In the meantime, I'll just moderate these posts and clear up the mess the users in question have made.

For reference, the 'POST' tag should have a post ID as its parameter should be a number. It will then find that post in the forums, wherever it may be. ;)

Like 658089 for example. ;)

-------

I know how/why this has happened, and I have PM'd the user to guide them in the right direction.

For everyone else:

Subject: Broken links in forum posts here at FoxesTalk.

On the left hand side of your 'Add Reply' screen, you see the link "Insert: Post Link". The "Post Link" literally means to link in another forum post, from somewhere on FoxesTalk. If you have been using the "Insert: Post Link" function to post links to other websites - the result is "broken" links.

What you should do to include a link in a post, is to click the button near the top of the Add Reply text field, that looks like an arrow and a plus sign - rte-link-button.png - then simply follow the instruction (paste the link to the website, click OK; then give the link a name).

I hope this proves helpful to you. :thumbup:

Archived