Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Daniel

Supermarket...

Which is the best supermarket?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best supermarket?

• ALDI
    • ASDA
    • Co-op
    • Iceland
    • Netto
    • Lidl
    • Londis
    • Marks & Spencer
    • Safeway/Morrinsons
    • Sainsburys
    • Somerfield
    • Spar
    • Tesco
    • Waitrose

so you'd prefer adsa staff to be out of work?

67322[/snapback]

No, I would prefer it to be an English owned company than a globalised American firm that sells nearly everything.

Do you like the idea of ASDA putting all the smaller businesses out of business thanks to them being able to sell a wide range of things at low prices?

Eg in Oadby, we have shops that sell specific things, such as a Pet Shop and Cob Shop. We also have a huge ASDA near by which will eventually put all these smaller businesses out of business with their ability to under cut their prices.

Great that is, for local business and the economy of Britain.

67329[/snapback]

last time i went shopping there wasn't a geezer with a wallmart bought gun forcing me to go to asda, i went of my own free will. i cant speak for any of the other shoppers but i'm guessing they weren't forced either ;)

67322[/snapback]

No, I would prefer it to be an English owned company than a globalised American firm that sells nearly everything.

Do you like the idea of ASDA putting all the smaller businesses out of business thanks to them being able to sell a wide range of things at low prices?

Eg in Oadby, we have shops that sell specific things, such as a Pet Shop and Cob Shop. We also have a huge ASDA near by which will eventually put all these smaller businesses out of business with their ability to under cut their prices.

67329[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more Cobbo, thats a cracking post.

But I still love ASDA, because at the end of the day, Mr and Mrs Smith who own the local bakery don't have any part in my life so couldn't give a fook aslong as I get my stuff cheaper elsewhere. :)

67322[/snapback]

67329[/snapback]

last time i went shopping there wasn't a geezer with a wallmart bought gun forcing me to go to asda, i went of my own free will. i cant speak for any of the other shoppers but i'm guessing they weren't forced either ;)

67332[/snapback]

Maybe they were unaware of what they were doing?

I am just spreading the word, if it would ever make any difference.

:P

67322[/snapback]

67329[/snapback]

67332[/snapback]

67337[/snapback]

well it has for me! i'll eat at mcdonalds from now on :thumbup:

67322[/snapback]

67329[/snapback]

67332[/snapback]

67337[/snapback]

well it has for me! i'll eat at mcdonalds from now on :thumbup:

67342[/snapback]

That's just being cruel to me :(

;)

67322[/snapback]

67329[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more Cobbo, thats a cracking post.

But I still love ASDA, because at the end of the day, Mr and Mrs Smith who own the local bakery don't have any part in my life so couldn't give a fook aslong as I get my stuff cheaper elsewhere. :)

67335[/snapback]

:(

67322[/snapback]

67329[/snapback]

Yes that's true - but you could say the same about all the big supermarkets, e.g Tesco, Sainsbury etc.

About 10 years ago a new Kwik Save was opened near my school and there was a newsagents less than a minute walk away from the new Kwik Save. Within a year or two the newsagents turned into a pizza takeaway because the Kwik Save took away it's customers.

ASDA are no worse than any of the others mentioned imo.

67322[/snapback]

67329[/snapback]

Yes that's true - but you could say the same about all the big supermarkets, e.g Tesco, Sainsbury etc.

About 10 years ago a new Kwik Save was opened near my school and there was a newsagents less than a minute walk away from the new Kwik Save. Within a year or two the newsagents turned into a pizza takeaway because the Kwik Save took away it's customers.

ASDA are no worse than any of the others mentioned imo.

67594[/snapback]

It sells a wider range of goods than the others.

Otherwise, yes, you are right :P

Archived