Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wellman

Shall I get an Ipod...

Get a large hard drive MP3 player but I wouldn't suggest an iPod, there are many other (better?) alternatives at much cheaper prices. I personally have the Creative Zen Touch which is superb, easy to use and I'd reccomend it to anybody.

67204[/snapback]

iRiver.

The best bit of money you'll ever spend.

Get a large hard drive MP3 player but I wouldn't suggest an iPod, there are many other (better?) alternatives at much cheaper prices. I personally have the Creative Zen Touch which is superb, easy to use and I'd reccomend it to anybody.

67204[/snapback]

iRiver.

67207[/snapback]

How much and where from Dan?

67204[/snapback]

iRiver.

67207[/snapback]

67209[/snapback]

What size you after?

20gb or 40gb?

67204[/snapback]

iRiver.

67207[/snapback]

67209[/snapback]

What size you after?

20gb or 40gb?

67210[/snapback]

20gb

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_in...id=99752&r=KELK

Amazing, colour screen the lot.

67213[/snapback]

Cheers for the link :thumbup:

67218[/snapback]

Have a look around mate but thats the best 20gb on the market at the moment.

ihp300large1.jpgihp300large2.jpg

# 2" Color TFT Display: Displays full color images on the built in TFT display.

# Image file support: View BMP and JPEG files on the built in TFT color display.

# USB On The Go: Connect other USB units and use them together without the need of an computer. For example if you have a digital camera (the camera must be supported), connect it to the H300 and transfer the images from the camera to the H300.

# 16 Hours Playtime: Listen to your favorite music for up to 16 hours using the player’s rechargeable Li-Polymer battery.

# Supports MP3, WMA, ASF & Ogg Vorbis: With Multi-Codec playback the player not only supports MP3 files but also WMA, Windows Media Audio, ASF, Ogg Vorbis and 11/22/44KHz

# Firmware Upgradeable: Upgrade the player for future fileformats such as Ogg Vorbis, AAC or implement further new/improved features.

# FM Radio: FM Radio with the possibility to save up to 20 of your favorite radiostations.

# Microphone/Dictaphone: Built in microphone/dictaphone that can be used as a pocket memory.

# Record From Microphone/Dictaphone to MP3: Record straight from the player’s microphone/dictaphone straight to MP3, using a bit rate from 40kbps up to 320kbps.

# 20mW Output: iRiver’s focus on soundquality with very good hard and software gives the player superior sound with a loud outeffect.

# Line-in/out: Plug in an external soundsystem to the players Line in and out sockets.

# SRS 3D Sound Support: H300 Series provides SRS (Sound Retrieval System), a 3D sound technology of SRS Labs, Inc. You can experience various sound effects with SRS, SRS WOW & TRUEBASS.

# ID3 Tag Info Support: Reads all types of ID3 tags, V1. V2.0, 3.0 & 4.0.

# Transport Files; .txt, .doc, .jpg, .avi etc: Use the player as a portable memory and transport files between the job, school and your home.

# WinAmp .m3u Playlist Support: The H300 Series has the ability to read WinAmp’s playlist files, .m3u.

# Supports .txt Files: You can read text files on H300 Series’s 8 line LCD. While listening to music you can read novles, important memos etc.

# Supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP & Mac: H300 Series works under the biggest OS environments.

# Real Time MP3 Encoding: Record straight to MP3 using the players optical or analog line-in feature or from the microphone/dictaphone. Bit rate quality from 40kbps up to 320kbps.

# 38 Different Language Support: Swedish, English

Configure your player so it shows the ID3 tag in the correct way.

# 6 Different EQ Settings: Supports 6 Equalizer patterns. Normal, Rock, Jazz, Classic, U-bass and one User EQ.

# Works as an External Memory: The player shows as an external harddrive directly under Explorer on your PC. No installation needed (Windows 98 needs installation).

For more info...

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/p...products_id=290

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=7065

That's cheaper on there! and if you search they have 30gb and 40gb versions even cheaper  :blink:

67262[/snapback]

Just read around Wellman, read some of the reviews on the Zen, you will change your mind. ;)

67272[/snapback]

That's what I'm going to do. I was just interested that's all, doesn't hurt to have a look! :D

Creative Zen Touch

My best advice is to shop around a bit.  ;)

67222[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of the Creative Zen myself, my mate has one and I find the iPod a lot easier to use, and asthetically appealing.

A plus point of the iPod is iTunes, which is the best music thing I've had the pleasure of using.

And Smart Playlists are fun, I don't know if you can do them with any other MP3 things.

I have the Creative Zen. I was loving it to begin with. Currently though i've filled the whole of my 30gb of space up, the battery now sucks. I have to recharge every time before i want to listen it, and within a few hours its all but ran out! :(

I have the Creative Zen. I was loving it to begin with. Currently though i've filled the whole of my 30gb of space up, the battery now sucks. I have to recharge every time before i want to listen it, and within a few hours its all but ran out! :(

67290[/snapback]

This is one of the worst things about it.

The iRiver has the longest battery life out of the 3 mentionned.

Archived